Thread: A bit of relief from panic attacks

Thumbs up A bit of relief from panic attacks

Hi everyone,

I have suffered for a good few years with panic attacks and general anxiety. Ive had this for nearly 8 years. One thing I have found which really helps me cope is hypnosis/relaxation CDs. Just recently I have found a website which has helped me a lot. The website is www.josephclough.com on here there are lots of free downloads to listen to for a wide range of issues.

This website has been a massive help to me as I was suffering panic attacks daily - I now haven't had one for about two months (although I am still very cautious about them coming back as panic attacks have been part of my life for so long).

I am still working on my anxiety issues but feeling very positive that I will one day be completely free of anxiety.

If you get chance to look at the website I would definately recommend it. It has helped get me onto the right path and I am starting to see a way out from the darkness.

Sarah x

Re: A bit of relief from panic attacks

Thanks for the info for the website on self hypnosis and relaxation cds i will definatly give it a try .

Yeah, give it a go. Its helped me a lot. I have downloaded the app on my phone so I can have the hypnosis tracks with me wherever I go. There is also a confidence programme which I found fantastic. The facebook page (search for Joseph Clough) is full of podcasts and inspirational quotes which really helps, especially on 'down' days.

Its very good for anyone with anxiety, panic or practically any other issue. There is so much information and its amazingly helpful.

This has been an absolute life saver and I am so glad I found it.

http://www.josephclough.com/blog/

All the MP3s I've clicked on ask for money before you can download them. Whereabouts are the free ones you found?

Hi,
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    I opened this site which is given by you. This is really helpful. There is a section for seminars and training. I like this very much & I will also participate in this.
    Really Thanks

Hi,

If you go to the link below then click on iTunes or the free self help video link at the top you will find them all there.

http://www.josephclough.com/

Hope that helps you find them.

Sarah

---------- Post added at 07:04 ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 ----------

Hi Aidan,

Yes, these downloads are amazing. I can't believe how much they have helped me. I listen to at least one a day. I have tried lots of ways to get rid of my panic and this has been the only thing which I have found helpful. The good thing about this website is that it covers so many issues.

I just wish I had found it sooner!

Sarah

Oh yeah, I see the iTunes link now. It was a big enough button, so I have no idea how I managed to miss it the first time around!
    Thanks for sharing the link.

I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder recently things have got way out of hand and my doctor told me I'm experiencing derealisation. I am at my wits end and have no idea how to cope with it. I'm only 21 and feel like this is taking over my life. Has anyone ideas as to how I could get some help or what would help? It would be greatly appreciated

Hi Naomi,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling great at the moment. I can totally relate to what you say about how it can feel like the panic takes over life. Its an awful feeling and you feel like there is nowhere to run from it. I have actually just recently learned to totally change the way I feel about my panic attacks/anxietyand I haven't had a PA for two months now. Instead of being terrified of the next panic attack I have just learnt to accept them and see it as a friend which is just trying to protect me. I know it sounds weird as they feel like they are trying to kill us but this link explains it perfectly http://www.josephclough.com/tv/ its the second video along - why anxiety happens and how to stop it. It really helps you see the anxiety differently.

I hope it helps you too.

Sarah

Thread Information