Thread: horrid thoughts

horrid thoughts

hello Im a new member,can any one tell me if they get horrid morbid thoughts or am I going mad!!
    I have anxiety,when I have bad days I get these morbid thoughts,sometimes nasty thoughts and I feel like lashing out.Im not sure if its normal for anxiety or if its just me.I constantly worry,my mind never switches off.Are these thoughts normal?

hi ellen
    yes these are normal with anxiety, but just remember that they are not real and its not really you thinking them at the moment. its something we have all experienced, and although they can be scary try and ignore these automatic thoughts/images and dont bother anylysing them cos then you are just paying them attention, which will only cause you to worry about them hun.
    julie

we are all stronger people after having this

Hi Ellen,

You are definately not alone (as I'm sure you've seen from the links Nicola gave you!) I have the most horrid thoughts I won't write here as they are too awful to share. Once I have one, it makes me anxious and they spiral and get worse and worse! Not much fun...but it's great that you've found the site, it is the BIGGEST help!

"This too, shall pass"

hey ellen

Know exactly how u feel. But dont worry too much about it. Believe me its human nature to think morbidly, especially when we are down. Unfortunately, of you are a worrier (like us!), they feel 100% worse because we think about them.

Like juju said, dont analyse them too deeply. As for not being able to switch your mind off, distraction is the best method. Dont go straight to sleep after work, study etc. Make sure you do something that will take your mind off things. Readings the best!

Love Ness xoxoxo

I cant believe Im not the only one getting these horrid thoughts.Sometimes they come on so quickley,I cant even mention them on here there so nasty.I feel like Im going to end up in a hospital at times.The thoughts are scarey and then I get a feeling of what if I lose control,this is the bit that scares me.At the moment I feel Im still in control of my thoughts.Does this sound stupid!
    Ellen xxx

Thread Information