Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help with Ectopic heartbeat ??

Can anyone help with Ectopic heartbeat ??

Hi there everyone

I am a new member and found this site when I was looking for some info on Ectopic heartbeat. I started with this about 3 weeks ago - completely scared the life out of me. Went to the docs and have had 2 ECGs and some blood tests - ECGs all okay apart from showing that I'm having frequent Ectopic episodes and blood tests all normal.

I need some reassurance if you can!! Do these ectopics go away? I really want them too as I hate them and they feel horrible. Can anyone suggest anything I could try to make them go and at least get better?

I would really appreciate any help and feedback so that I can try and get my life back to normal. I am a naturally very anxious person and have suffered from a few panic attacks and I am sure being anxious doesnt help the ectopics.

Look foward to hearing from you and thanks.

NickyG

ecotopic heartbeat? is that like heart flutters/missing beats etc? Cos i have them. they went as soon as i dropped my guard! i was looking into all the time, waiting for it to happen. then when i said 'i dont care' it would happen and i would just let it go, not worry. it works once you get the hang of it, everybody gets it, only most ppl dotn notice it as theyre not on guard for it.
    Becci x

Hi Nicky and welcome to the forum. Firstly as the dr probably told you, eptopics are absolutely harmless and most people experience them sometime in there lives, me included, I sometimes have really awfull episodes but I know they will not hurt me. The only thing I can suggest to you is to ask your dr for some beta blockers, I use them when I am having a bad time with the eptopics, they are called propranalol inderal, I have the slow release ones=80mg, they last up to about 8 hrs a time, I find they help to calm the eptopics down, which then can actually stop them altogether eventually. You will still get the odd eptopic as do most people, it is normal, try to stay relaxed as this will only make them worse.

Hope this has helped, pm me if you need more information.

Polly

Hi nicky,

Welcome to this site.
    I have taken beta blockers for 21 years for high blood pressure last year i was taken off them and given another bpressure tablet instead. It was shortly after i was taken off them that i suffered my first panic attack.
    I had to go to the doctors for a bpressure check it was a different doctor to the one i normally see and i told her what had happened to me. She explained it was a panic attack and that it could be due to all the stress i was under and the fact that id been taken off beta blockers.
    I hadnt realised until then that beta blockers were also prescribed for people suffering panic.

I still suffer with panic attacks and anxiety but i know now that no way could i cope without taking beta blockers.

Im sure youl get loads more advice on this site.

Take care
    LYNN xx

Hi Lynn

I am on BP tablets too and have been for a year (ace inhibitor which helps with my BP really well).

I am going back to see my GP next week and will certainly ask him about Beta Blockers - my Ectopics are quite bad at the mo and seem to be worse in the afternoon for some reason and they are also bad after a big (ish) meal.

Panic attacks are horrible and I sympathise with you if you have had them. Thanks for you kind words and reassurance. Everyone on this site is so kind and knowing there are people out there just like me helps.

Thanks,

Nicky

Hi nicky,

Welcome to this site.
    I have taken beta blockers for 21 years for high blood pressure last year i was taken off them and given another bpressure tablet instead. It was shortly after i was taken off them that i suffered my first panic attack.
    I had to go to the doctors for a bpressure check it was a different doctor to the one i normally see and i told her what had happened to me. She explained it was a panic attack and that it could be due to all the stress i was under and the fact that id been taken off beta blockers.
    I hadnt realised until then that beta blockers were also prescribed for people suffering panic.

I still suffer with panic attacks and anxiety but i know now that no way could i cope without taking beta blockers.

Im sure youl get loads more advice on this site.

Take care
    LYNN xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by loopylynn - 07 September 2006 : 14:46:11</div id="right">
    [/quote]

Hi Becci

Yes thats it - missed/fluttering/extra heartbeats which make you feel pretty lousy when they are happening.

Do you still have yours now or have they gone? You mentioned that they stopped when you dropped your guard so just wondered if you mean once you relaxed and just let them happen (thats what I'm trying to do but its not easy).

Hopefully they will clear up soon but thanks for your reassurance and help.

Nicky

ecotopic heartbeat? is that like heart flutters/missing beats etc? Cos i have them. they went as soon as i dropped my guard! i was looking into all the time, waiting for it to happen. then when i said 'i dont care' it would happen and i would just let it go, not worry. it works once you get the hang of it, everybody gets it, only most ppl dotn notice it as theyre not on guard for it.
    Becci x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Wannabeloved85 - 07 September 2006 : 12:31:38</div id="right">
    [/quote]

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Do these ectopics go away? I really want them too as I hate them and they feel horrible</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    This is one reason why they are there. The more we dislike a symptom, the more it upsets us and begins to occupy our thoughts all day and so the more it comes because we are feeding the fear!! A circle gets set up.
    It's a circle that can be broken by trying to accept it and ignore the symptom. This is best done with distraction really.

Exercise is good. And remove stimulants like caffeine etc.

They were described to me as sneezes for the heart and are harmless.

Cheers,
    Trev

Hi there all

Just wanted to say thanks so much to you all for you kind words and help and understanding.

It makes such a difference when you know you are not alone with a problem. I was quite interested tonight to find out that cheese and chocolate can make ectopics worse (and a little bit miffed too as I love them both) but will try eliminating them and see if it helps.

Going to see the Dr again next week so hope they have improved by then.

Thanks to all.

Nicky

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for the normal workup to test my blood, A1C (for my diabetes) etc.

I mentioned to him I was having these " episodes" the first time I saw him, I was mid panic attack so he listented to my heart and everything was a-ok. I have had 3 or 4 EKG's and they never show anything at all. His conclusion was, Anxiety attack/panic attack.

I am overweight (295lbs) but I carry it well on my 6'3 frame. If I can get my weight under control (my diabetes already is for the most part) hopefully this will make this better on me. Also having high blood pressure doesn't help either but that is heriditary for the most part, but at 31 years old if I lost about 70 LBS I suspect it would be normal.

I have the flip flop heartbeats and when I do, I just take a .5 mg xanax and I relax and they for the most part stop.

It's good to know I am not alone.

Alot of the time the only thing that gets me through is prayer and reading the bible. So here's hoping for a good report next week.

Psalms 18

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information