Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O.C.D???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O.C.D???

Ok i was diagnosed with an obsessive disorder. They told me its like OCD but i dont have compulsions like with people who are obsessed with germs compulsively wash their hand ya know?[?] Well my obsessiveness is a lot to do with the mind. If someone tells me something i obsess over it and either start to think i have it or i can start to develop the symptoms. Its weird. Im emetophobia so my main obsession is vomit whick sucks. Anyone else get like this?[8)]

Wow this is the first time no one has replied to my post. :-(, lol guess no one is like me with this.

In the UK OCD is not diagnosed nearly as frequently as in the USA if there are only thoughts , obsessiveness and not compulsions.

Meg

O.....still wish i could have some insight though...quite depressed as well

Caitlin,

ASometimes doctors have to put a name to things i think!!

I am the same as you if someone tells me something bad I'm like 'what if that happens to me'! I think it is just us anxiety sufferers being 'over anxious as usual

Lucky

I have been diagnosed with O.C.D because i have so many ticks and things that it gets too much for me- i even had to be taken into hospital to be sedated for a night once coz i was panicking about whether i was going to stop swallowing, everyone knows you cant just stop swallowing but not me!! im hopinh it will get better sooon xx

H

Stop Swallowing...never heard of that lol...i have difficulty swallowing but i was never afraid i was going to stop more like i would gag and puke.

Hi everyone!
    I also have some strange thoughts especially in the mornings. I sometimes don't even know where I am or what am I doing. I also repeat in my head some things people have told me. How strange...lol.
    Is it O.C.D?
    Ana

I have no clue lol

I also suffer with thoughts and not compulsions. They can be very upsetting for me and I sometimes spend days on end thinking constantly. I do have better days now where I just feel normal again which is great but always feel upset if a bad day follows. I am trying to find a way to accept the set backs without letting it upset me which is very difficult as I get so tense and so tired.

Sandra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information