Thread: lorazepam withdrawal

lorazepam withdrawal

Hi guys,could someone tell me if it a withdrawal symptom,I have reduced my lorazepam by 1mg a day over the last 5 days I was on 2mg .I was on 3x1mg.when I started.then yesterday I had to reduce again by 1 mg.so I am now only on 1mg for a further 5 days.on the 25th of February I introduced 2x25mg of pregabalin.in 4days time I should be finished taking the lorazepam and just taking the pregabalin.after a very disturbed night I was very anxious.not been to bad today but I was wondering if it was a withdrawal symptom or is it in my head thinking I am losing another crutch.the lorazepam stopped working for me when I was away 2weeks ago.I had a sleep apnea episode which the medical team came out to see me at 3.45am one morning.I think I will have a word with my gp in the morning.thanks for reading.x

things happen for a reason,but we do not always agree.

medication im on
    Doxazosin,bendroflumethiazide for blood pressure.
    levothyroxine,for thyoids.
    pregabalin, for panic/depression. Fibromyalgia
    amitriptyline,for rheumatoid arthritis in feet.

Re: lorazepam withdrawal

I take lorazepam and IMO to reduce from 2mg to 1 mg over a period of 5 days is far too quick.
    It is a very effective drug in the short term but much more powerful than diazepam and personally i would have reduced in smaller quantities over a longer period. I hope that helps.

Hi i think by the sounds of it you are suffering withdrawal, lorazepam is very strong, A 1mg tablet is equivelent to 10mg of diazepam so you should withdraw very slowly, it sounds like you may be doing it too quickly so id def have a word with your gp xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ricardo View Post
    I take lorazepam and IMO to reduce from 2mg to 1 mg over a period of 5 days is far too quick.
    It is a very effective drug in the short term but much more powerful than diazepam and personally i would have reduced in smaller quantities over a longer period. I hope that helps.
    Ricardo I think you could be right,I think I was told on this site that 1mg of lorazepam was equivalent to about 40mg of diazepam.I have looked at the pill and the only way I can reduce this one is to crush it.thanks for your good replies on this site.keep it up and hope you are well.x

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nicola1980 View Post
    Hi i think by the sounds of it you are suffering withdrawal, lorazepam is very strong, A 1mg tablet is equivelent to 10mg of diazepam so you should withdraw very slowly, it sounds like you may be doing it too quickly so id def have a word with your gp xxx
    Thanks Nicola, just crossed over with my reply to Ricardo.I thought it was 40mg.but now I'm defo going to speak to gp to see if I can do something to help me coming off to quickly.x

medication im on

20mg is the equivalent to 2mg of lorazepam .I checked with my GP. Some sites are misleading.Hope that helps.

20mg is the equivalent to 2mg of lorazepam .I checked with my GP. Some sites are misleading.Hope that helps.
    Thanks once more Ricardo,it could be my mistake.so really I was on equivalent of 60 a day then reduced to 40 after 5 days now 20 for 5 days.Definitely speaking to gp tomorrow.x

medication im on

Hi guys,could someone tell me if it a withdrawal symptom,I have reduced my lorazepam by 1mg a day over the last 5 days I was on 2mg .I was on 3x1mg.when I started.then yesterday I had to reduce again by 1 mg.so I am now only on 1mg for a further 5 days.on the 25th of February I introduced 2x25mg of pregabalin.in 4days time I should be finished taking the lorazepam and just taking the pregabalin.after a very disturbed night I was very anxious.not been to bad today but I was wondering if it was a withdrawal symptom or is it in my head thinking I am losing another crutch.the lorazepam stopped working for me when I was away 2weeks ago.I had a sleep apnea episode which the medical team came out to see me at 3.45am one morning.I think I will have a word with my gp in the morning.thanks for reading.x

From what you are saying it sounds as if you were on 3mg, then 2mg, then 1mg, so in Diazepam terms that would equal 30mg, then 20mg, then 10mg.
    Each 1mg Lorazepam tablet is equal to 10mg Diazepam. I think you can also get the tablet in a 2mg dose, and 0.5mg dose

It might be different in the UK but over here you can get them in 2mg, 1mg and .25mg
    and you need a prescription and your N.I.E. number as with diazepam(which is like a national insurance number.)

All other anti depressants can be bought freely over the counter.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless View Post

From what you are saying it sounds as if you were on 3mg, then 2mg, then 1mg, so in Diazepam terms that would equal 30mg, then 20mg, then 10mg.
    Each 1mg Lorazepam tablet is equal to 10mg Diazepam. I think you can also get the tablet in a 2mg dose, and 0.5mg dose
    Ruthless,thanks my brain has had it.I'm getting all the figures wrong.I will put it down to me being tired.it has been a very long day for me.x

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

It might be different in the UK but over here you can get them in 2mg, 1mg and .25mg
    and you need a prescription and your N.I.E. number as with diazepam(which is like a national insurance number.)

All other anti depressants can be bought freely over the counter.
    Ricardo now I am really confused.Im glad that you have all helped me with your replies.I just love this site and I hope that it will carry on as before.x

medication im on

Well guys at long last the gp has rung me,he said I was to go back to taking 2 lorazepam a day until I see my own gp on Tuesday.he said that I was coming off them to quickly. I was only doing what the other gp had told me last week.here's to a better night sleep and thanks once more for your support guys.YOU ARE THE BEST.xxx

medication im on

Thread Information