Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Desperate for help/advice :(

Re: Desperate for help/advice :(

Currently sat in the toilets at work dazed & confused as i've just had another panic attack at my desk :'( I don't think taking my meds (20mg of prozac) in the morning is helping because it's just making me feel drowsy/depersonalization! Perhaps taking my tablets before bed would be better? Advice/help now please :'( terrified to go back out in front of everyone! Xx

Nothing bad is going to happen, there is nothing physically wrong with your body, keep telling yourself that. You are suffering from the evils of adrenaline that is all. You can hold that adrenaline all day if needs be, it can come in waves again and again, but it is just a hormone which your own body is creating and it CANNOT harm you.

The symptoms will come and go but everyone's day will just carry on. The sun will come up tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.... your feelings will come and go, you will have good days and bad days, but each new day WILL come and you just have to go with it and get through it.

If you are having panic attacks I would question whether your meds are having the desired effect. If I have a headache and I took painkillers which did nothing I think I would stop trying them. You need to get some form of therapy going as that is the best treatment for anxiety.

depersonalization will not harm you, you need to try and float through it (I know that is easier said than done) but the stress you are putting yourself through trying to hide your panic will only increase your body thinking something is dreadfully wrong.

Hi love how u doing ? Hope you've gatherd yourself x

Hi HM How are you feeling now? Just seen your post. Hope you've made if out of the Ladies. Remember how you felt going back on Friday and yet you said afterwards that you'd had a great day! If you can just keep taking those baby steps it sounds as though the rewards are there for you.

Let us know how you're doing You CAN do this, I have faith in you x

Lying in bed feeling awful! Had to work 9 hours yesterday, today was my only day off.. It's my 'time of the month' i've had not a lot of sleep in the past few days, just taken my 20mg of prozac about half an hour ago & I feel as if i'm not really here/drunk.. I'm panicing thinking i'm either about to go insane or have a heart attack! HELP :'(

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Everything around me feels unreal, I feel like everything is in slow motion.. Feel like I could pass out at any moment! What's happening to me :'( Sounds crazy but i'm scared to go to sleep incase I die! I don't know what to do anymore!

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Somebody? Anybody? Help me :'(

How are you feeling now? Those feelings you described above are really really common anxiety feelings. I've had them so many times I can't count them. I watch something light hearted on telly to help me calm down - could you try that?

---------- Post added at 11:51 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

Also, have you tried breathing techniques to hlep you calm down? Put your hand on your stomach and breathe in making sure your stomach rises with your hand. Try it and see if it makes you feel better. It's okay if it doesn't, but you might as well give it a go.

I think i'm suffering from this - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/007193.htm
    All the symptoms, everything explained is what's been happening to me! My anxiety/panic is always worse when i'm on my period :'( I'm like 100% sure this is what I have! I still feel terrible :( Just went downstairs to my mum who just laughed at me & told me to go to sleep because it's all in my head! I just need support :'(

Quote Originally Posted by HM2012 View Post
    I think i'm suffering from this - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/007193.htm
    All the symptoms, everything explained is what's been happening to me! My anxiety/panic is always worse when i'm on my period :'( I'm like 100% sure this is what I have! I still feel terrible :( Just went downstairs to my mum who just laughed at me & told me to go to sleep because it's all in my head! I just need support :'(
    Never a good thing to say what your mum said

How are you now?

Still awful :'( So afraid to go to sleep even though i'm exhausted & i'm meant to be in work for half 8 tomorrow morning :(

I feel like nobody cares :(

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information