Thread: Abdominal aortic aneurysm - I have all the symptoms!

Abdominal aortic aneurysm - I have all the symptoms!

I am sat up in bed, terrified I have an aneurysm. I started feeling abdominal pain yesterday, real pain, aches all over my abdomen. I feel vey nauseous, strong pulse in my belly and fever. I am convinced it is an aneurysm. I have been reading patient stories on the web ( I know I shouldn't) and some present in just this way before rupturing. I am literally waiting for it to rupture. This is ridiculous. Half of me is convinced this is really what it is, the other half thinks I'm an idiot. I don't know what to do!

Re: Abdominal aortic aneurysm - I have all the symptoms!

I have the same problem I'm so scared im 17 I know that I am to young to get one but I still think I do I had an echocardiogram a month ago Idk If that would have showed If I had one or not because the doctor called back and said everything looks fine I'm still worrying my self sick over this D: some people say its normal and some say its not so idk...

Gilly,

It's really not normal to be worried sick over a very, very, very rare occurrence especially at 17 years old when the chances make even rarer :(

We all have fears but sometimes they get out of hand. Have you spoken to your parents or a counselor at school about your feelings? It really would be helpful if you can discuss this with someone outside of an internet forum. My daughter is not much older than you and she is going through a rough time with anxiety and depression. She's seeing a professional and taking some meds to help her get through it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, I told my parents about this a few months ago I went to the doctor and my mom did mention the pulse in my stomach to my doctor, my doctor felt my stomach and stuff and she said its probably because i'm so slim, but i don't ever recall the pulse in my stomach being this strong....

Thread Information