Thread: Drinking Friday and Saturday, Insomnia and anxiety Sunday

Drinking Friday and Saturday, Insomnia and anxiety Sunday

Anybody here had really bad anxiety and insomnia after a weekend of being drunk?
    I know its not advisable to get drunk but i didnt really drink that heavily

Re: Drinking Friday and Saturday, Insomnia and anxiety Sunday

I haven't had that experience but alcohol is dehydrating so make sure to drink enough water and try some chamomile tea since it helps to relieve insomnia and anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlar13 View Post
    Anybody here had really bad anxiety and insomnia after a weekend of being drunk?
    I know its not advisable to get drunk but i didnt really drink that heavily

Dazzlar,

Drinking is one of my dilemmas. I have my anxiety more under control now. I am just left with some residual discomfort in my upper body, mainly neck, armpit and arm from months of worry and bad posture.

When I have a drink, the pain goes but the next morning I feel shakey. I also don't drink enough to get really drunk, just a couple of wines.

It's a catch 22. While drinking I feel better, but when I don't drink, I am not anxious the following day. But the pain/discomfort remains unless I have a drink!!!!!

Charlie

My anxiety is fixated on my sleep so I guess it makes sense that if part of the hangover is anxiety then it makes sense it would make things worse. I am hoping its not the start of another anxiety maraton

If you have recognised that alcohol is making your anxiety worse then moderate your intake or don't drink at all. Get your anxiety under control first then learn how much alcohol you can tolerate as you go along.
    It isn't the start of a period of high anxiety as you already know what has triggered it. Learn from it and move forward.

Yes hangovers can cause both anxiety and insomnia. Try not to build it up in your mind though. Just tell yourself why youre feeling like this and that you'll feel better when you've had some sleep.

i always feel worse after a good few drinks but its part of hubbys work life as an entertainer so hard to avoid and i do like a wee tipple as we do live on a holiday island , nowhere as bad as when i was in the uk

but like you it disappears when i drink and comes back tenfold the next day but i suppose what we should learn from this is

IT IS ANXIETY RELATED AS IF IT WAS MORE SERIOUS THE SYMPTOMS WOULD NOT DISAPPEAR

Hi, yes, i know this feeling and am now trying to be more wiser and aware when and if i do have a drink. Therefore what I do is create " Spritzers" which are a combination of White wine and soda water with a bit of orange juice or fruit punch. I also put ice in my beer when i do drink it as this kind of dilutes it. ( Not as bad as it sounds Otherwise its not at all nice to have to spend a whole day recovering and I notice that if there is a predisposition to anxiety or depression then its like walking around feeling yucky and depressed or jittery. I think spirits are the worse for me so i avoid them now as its not worth the aggro and the feelings you have the next day. I guess we are more sensitive to things in a sense. In fact not drinking is perhaps the best solution but if we fancy a drink then to drink sensibly or with a bit of soda water on hand and some ice cubes . Also dont mix drinks, the few ones that you do have just stick to the same. I dont want to sound like a party pooper but alcohol seems to be one of the main instigators in bringing on depression and general anxiety, in fact, the more merrier we are the night before the yuckier the next day is.

Sorry I havent been on for a few days been very busy at work. I feel a lot better now Thank you for all the advice.

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

YES! Alcohol is a stimulant so will cause anxiety, insomnia and palpitations

Thread Information