OK, heres what happened today..........
I was working up in Edinburgh and stayed overnight, left 7am hoping to get back to the midlands by mid day; i felt fine and proceeded, got out of Scotland ok and got to about Penrith on M6, then the mountains all came into view each side of the motorway, i felt high up, shakey and the mountains felt like they were too close to me, i began to feel scared of lorries near me and could not overtake anything, started to slow right down (middle lane) and felt horrid, i just frose at the wheel, could not change gear, turn off the radio, change lane or anything, any movement terified me. I eventually got to a service station by which time i was in a terible state, ended up in tears and shaking, had to rush to the loo etc. My partner took over driving, but i didnt want to get in the car, and when we left i hung on to the door handles and pleaded not to overtake or go fast, but every slight movement on the road was aweful, i was gripped with fear and this lasted some time. When it semed to have passed i took over driving again near to Warrington, but when i had to climb the viaduct o the M6 it all started again, the strange feeling of going upwards and total fear, i had lorries all around and i just frose again, probably only going 30mph, managed to get over the bridge but felt so ill, turned off M6 and was fine cross country rest of journey.
Normally i am fine driving with no problems on ordinary roads, i occasionally get mild panic overtaking and with lorries around me, worst case is change of direction of a motorway (a bend etc) which sometimes affects me. I love mountains and countryside, but the height thing seems to be having an effect, i also wont go in lifts and feel unwell just looking up at tall buildings. This is not good, at present i dont even want to leave the house again and cannot vision travelling far in the future; i am due to go to Dubai in November with work, i havent flown for over 10 years and am scared of freaking out when i get on the plane;

Facts: i am not fightened of crashing, terrorists or anything else similar; the syptoms start with close vehicles or landscape, going upwards etc (have also had supermarket episodes in past)

I take st johns wart and missed a few days about 1 month ago, i have just started Flaxseed Oil in last week - could this have an efect ?

I had a can of red bull this morning to help keep awake, have done this many times before without problems though.

This is really serious, i could have caused an accident or been killed today, i am obviously worried for the future and want to know how i can combat this horrid experience and be able to travel again.

Does anyone else get these problems, are they indeed panic attacks or some kind or vertico ? ( i was tested for rotational after some blackouts last year plus MRI and CT etc - nothnig found, told it was PA)

All help appreciated, i am feeling very depressed tonight after it all

Andy