Thread: The Dreaded Dentist.... I DONE IT YES!!!!

The Dreaded Dentist.... I DONE IT YES!!!!

This is the first time ive posted a sucess story, as ive never really felt proud enought of myself before to do it.
    Well here goes: I have always had crooked top teeth from a child and ive always hated them. I always felt very consious of them and thought it was the first thing people saw when they spoke to me.
    I dreamt of having cosmetic dentistry for years but could never afford it so i didnt even think about the courage needed.
    However a new dentist has opened near to my home, and is so cheap compared to others, so i went along to see him. He told me that he could correct my smile with veneers, but it would take 6 hours min and that he could do it all in one visit. My husband then gave me the money for it ,SHOCK, my dream was going to be real!!
    I had the cash but couldnt even make the booking for fear, but i did and i was booked in yesterday, i told him how nervous i was and he gave me a diazapam to take that morning (diazapam haha i need a bucket load) the night before i was talking myself out of it, but my hubby was saying that i should go (more pressure)
    I came on to this website as i do every day, and posted my fears to which i got a few answers. One was from a member called Sarah, who was so sweet as she had been through the same herself in july, her support and advice was priceless!!
    Somehow i went along on my own yesterday, shaking, dreading having a panic attack, and feeling totally sick.
    I sat for 6 and a half hours in the chair had 15 injections and the nerves removed from my front teeth.
    HORRAH.....i have a perfect smile and i didnt feel a thing.
    Today im a bit sore and tender, but so happy and proud of myself, that i thought i would tell you all.
    It feels great to be brave, but all us panic sufferers are the bravest people in the world, to suffer as we do. Our only problem is how we fear and doubt ourselves.
    Sorry to go on, but im on top of the world and feel so confident that i could cry with joy!!!!!

thanx for reading luv tracie xxxxxxx

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

AWWWW Trac I could cry for you hun I hate the dentist but need work doin but cant afford it ive got a lovely dentist but he charges a bomb so cant afford it at the mo but WELL DONE YOU!!!!! enjoy your lovely smile

take care

luv kaz xxx

Oh Tracie, that is fantastic

I think I could only stomach a dentist's chair for SIX hours if he promised to cure my anxiety as part of the deal LOL

Just goes to show how strong you are.

I keep cancelling my dental appointments becaise of anxiety and ought to take a leaf out of your book.

You go girl!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi,

Gosh I am so proud of you and what a long time to have to sit in a dentist's chair! I too have a dental phobia so I know how hard it must have been for you but now you have a beautiful smile to show off, well done!

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

WAY2GO Tracie !!!!!!!

and youve got a fantastic smile as well............i bet youre blissed out at the moment. congratulations.

i finally went to the dentist a month ago after 2 years ( i know , but in my defence i do have PD and agoraphobia !!). nearly lost it , had about 3 injections and a filling and extraction and i thought i was gonna die right there in the chair........left the dentist on the verge of tears, think i was so overwhelmed by the whole experience.

But good on you tracie, keep moving forwards !!!!

Well done Tracie. I don't think I would volunteer for 6 hours in the dentist's chair [:O].

Karen

I love you in place where there's no space or time
    I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
    And when my life is over remember when we were together
    We were alone and I was singing this song for you

~The Carpenters~

Nice one Trac, well done!!!!!!

Take care,

Polly x

WELL DONE TRACIE HUN XX

Take Care

Mandyxx