Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you feel starting Mirtazapine?

Re: How did you feel starting Mirtazapine?

That's how I felt - really spaced out. Every time I told my GP that I didn't feel any better she just upped my dose and said give it time! I'm now on 45mg and although the depression's lifted I've got really bad negative thoughts and OCD. As I'm starting to feel better I'm just hoping this will go away. I've been waiting for cbt since feb too. I've just taken the meds as I assume the GP knows what she's doing

I started on 15mg and I felt spaced out and dizzy.

When I tried it previously about 6/7 years ago I only took one tablet and could still feel the effects the day after. At the time I was a single mum and had to stop taking it as I had to be able to run my daughter to school, go shopping etc.. I can't remember what I switched to. This time around I have the support of my lovely hubby and my daughter is grown up .

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Snoodlester did the depression only lift at 45mg? I'm not anxious any more and my deep depression has gone but I still don't feel back to normal. I don't feel happy or excited about anything. I've been on 15mg for 4 weeks, then 30mg for around 6weeks.

I'm just too scared to start at 15:( I'm seeing my GP a week tomorrow to discuss the meds. He told me to start at 15 but I didn't feel I could, I was scared.

I just hope the side effects aren't worse at 7.5.

I suppose it's hard to say - I've been taking it since end of feb and the GP and other people I've spoken to say to give it time. I was on 15mg for 2 weeks, then 30mg for about a month before going up to 45mg. So i don't know if it's the dose or time. But my mood crashed again just over a week ago probably due to pms but the doc just said this is to be expected for someone who's anxious but I can't go through that every month - it really felt like I was back to square one. But I have started to feel better these last couple of days - its just the thoughts I can't shift. I've questioned whether mert's right fir me but the GP just ignores it every time I mention it

My GP said I don't have to take it if I don't want too!! Because I'm better than I was she suggests I stay on it for now but while I feel better than I was I still don't feel "right". I sadly haven't found my GPs that good for depression. But reading the forums that isn't unusual.

My GP just keeps on about cbt - like the meds are just keeping me going until then, but I've been waiting since February! I've been trying the online cbt but I really need to talk to someone about it as I don't seem to be able to alter my thoughts on my own. I was made redundant in April so I'm wary of paying for therapy in case it doesn't work as its all so expensive and there are no guarantees

I pay for therapy at the moment, not CBT though. I have also asked my GP to refer me to my local Mental Health team to see if I can get some help like CBT,that was last week so early days. I have had CBT in the past but I felt the person I saw was probably newly qualified or a trainee and it was not that good. At least if you pay you can be choosey! The lady I see is good helping me see behaviours that aren't helpful.

I've paid privately to have a counsellor. The NHS said despite me having PTSD and agoraphobia, having 3 children this was urgent I got better, I'd still be stuck on a 12 month waiting list.

My hubby has to coke with me as I'm too scared to go alone, damn agoraphobia.

I just hope at 7.5 I'm not experiencing just side effects and no benefits x

That's what I'm worried about. I've had 2 bouts of suicidal thoughts this year, but still I'm told 'you have to wait your turn'. It appears nothing's urgent when it comes to the NHS

I don't understand my GPs reluctance to refer me when the therapist I see privately who also works for the NHS has told me there are plenty of psychologists in my area. I think it comes down to money.Do GP get charged when they refer you?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information