Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming off Citalopram

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coming off Citalopram

Hi,
    I came off them by doing 20mg one day and 15mg the next day for about 1 - 2 months then did 10 and 15 then 10 and 10 then 10 and nothing then nothing.
    Still got symptoms and feeling dizzy. Got to me last night and still feeling sorry for myself this morning but perservering (spelt wrong I think ha ha) as I know it will get better.
    This site is so helpful as my doctor said the symptoms were in my head but reading things on here reconfirms that they are not!
    K x

Quote Originally Posted by Katesh4 View Post
    Hi,
    I came off them by doing 20mg one day and 15mg the next day for about 1 - 2 months then did 10 and 15 then 10 and 10 then 10 and nothing then nothing.
    Still got symptoms and feeling dizzy. Got to me last night and still feeling sorry for myself this morning but perservering (spelt wrong I think ha ha) as I know it will get better.
    This site is so helpful as my doctor said the symptoms were in my head but reading things on here reconfirms that they are not!
    K x
    Hi,

I cannot believe the GP said the symptoms were in your head!!! Blooming Doctors...some of them just do not have a clue what they are talking about!! They should try going through what we do and see how they feel.

Anyhow read your other posts and sounds like you are coming through at last so well done...let it please continue for you.

Take care
    Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by JT69 View Post
    Hi,

I cannot believe the GP said the symptoms were in your head!!! Blooming Doctors...some of them just do not have a clue what they are talking about!! They should try going through what we do and see how they feel.

Anyhow read your other posts and sounds like you are coming through at last so well done...let it please continue for you.

Take care
    Jo.
    Hi, I have been off of Citalopram now for 6 weeks and feeling fine! Yeh!
    Just thought I would let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and the tunnel may not be as long as you think.
    Kxx

I too have just gone cold turkey after being on 20mg for a year. It wasn't intentional - I ha been thinking about it as I have put on 2 stones and this is making me REALLY depressed! It just kinda happened as I forgot to take my tablets because I was so busy and before I knew it i'd done a week.... It's now been 10 days. I feel ok, sometimes feel a bit panicky, can i cope?? But if I don't think about it i'm fine. Very few side effects and the big bonus is I can feel my sex drive returning! I tried to do this before and the side effects were awful so maybe the time wasn't right??

I am 40 in 5 months and determined to have lost the weight I have stacked on over the last year as well as being happy. Daily I am taking a broad range multi vitamin, 2000mg of omega 3 oils and a 5HTP from holland and barratt. So far so good.....

Unhappy Re: Coming off Citalopram

hi, i have been on 20mg of citilopram for last 7 months and recently stopped taking them as i dont like being on them even though they make me feel better. i have started feeling sick in the mornings, almost in a dream like state, weak, heart feels like its pumping out of my chest and very sensitive the smallest thing can make me cry. should i start taking them again? x

Absolutely, I have been on and off Citalopram for a year and been having one every other day for 2 weeks. I have had several nasty migraines and feel anxious ands tearful most ofb the time.

Think a trip to the bahamas may help......

Unhappy Re: Coming off Citalopram

Hi - I am also coming off this drug as the night sweats were really screwing me up!! I tried cold turkey but was having scuicidal thoughts after 6 weeks so went back on it . I am determined so have slowly come off. I am so releived that the zinggy eye thing when I move them is not just me! I thought I was going nuts but the symptoms comin down this time are less extreme. I have taken 7 weeks to very slowly come off and stopped the pills altogether about 2 weeks ago. I am depressed tho and am thinkin about going back onto a very low does . I am either naturally a bitch or suffering, and so are my family, I don't take fools lightly at the best of times but I feel like walking out! Does anyone know how long should I persevere? Am I always going to feel like this?

I'm sorry for the sob story but I don't know who else to ask!

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, Lu x

Don't come off cold turkey. Those little citalopram tablets can be split in two quite easily. Try having your dose first. And talk to your doctor.

Hi Rob - like you i went cold turkey a few years ago coming off seroxat. I had tried it slowly - measuring it out in small amounts - reduced it, increased it - you name it i did it! Anyway decided to go cold turkey and felt crap for a few weeks, but was glad when i got through it. Looks like you are starting to feel a bit better already. I coped for two years without medication but have crashed again - tried citalopram for a fortnight and couldn't cope with feeling crap with the drugs. Stopped them after two weeks and am finding other ways of managing. Anxiety is not nice and is very scary but i keep telling myself it is just a feeling - as is happy, sad angry! I am doing relaxations tapes lots and giving myself a goal every day - lots of praise too. Surround yourself with lots of support - this site is a great place to start. Try not to give into taking the meds again just now you have come this far with the withdrawal - WELL DONE!!!!

Nicola

Thanks Nicola for your supportive words. Im determined not to go back on the pills, ive come too far now. Im fortuanate to have a very supportive partner and like you said, this website has been great to just find out that there are so many other people in the same situation.
    Well done to you too for managing without your medication-i know how hard that is. Its great that you are using other methods to relax and cope with the stresses and strains in life. Keep up the good work.

All the best,
    Rob.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information