Thread: 4th Week on fluoxetine - I give up!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

4th Week on fluoxetine - I give up!

I'm 24 year old guy. I've depression, panic disorder, and anxiety. Palpitations too.
    I have been on numerous medications (lexotanil, escilatopram, propraonlol, Xanax, etc) and all were good but these things always came back after I discontinued, though they did make me better. Since some meds make you weak or sleepy, I asked my doctor for something that doesn't have those side effects and was prescribed prozac. It's been one month today since I've been taking 20m mg fluoxetine daily and now I give up.

All meds I took had side effects but nothing was as bad as this. I feel sick, I can't digest the normal way. Like when I eat or drink, it feels stuck and takes ages to go down (feels like that). I have had insomnia but now I can't sleep till morning and miss my lectures. When I wake up I feel so weak and tired. I feel restless all night and have nightmares. But the worst of all is my joint pain. It hurt so much last night that I decided I can't go on. My elbow and knee joints hurt so much i press pillow between them and compress or turn my legs and stretch. I was on 20mg inderal too and tapering it off now already.

I just want to be normal again. These things have been going about two decades. I remember crying as a child saying someone we know is dead when no one was. I am so tired of these meds and everything. When I'm off meds I get depressed and have killed panic attacks and want to feel normal and go on meds. But now that I am on prozac, I think depression was better. I read about side-effects before and I thought I could do this and when they started I fought them but now I'm done. The only reason I'm writing this is that I needed to rant. And also because I couldn't find any article written by fluoxetine users that told about joint pains.

Edit: Just realized its my second day of 5th week on this.

I have had joint pains since I was a child but whoosh! This will kill me if I don't stop.

---------- Post added at 22:55 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Also my family is very un-supporting. They are very much against me taking anti-depressants. Like when I used to take Xanax along with Cipralex, and slept a lot and was lost in thoughts, they'd get mad. Now I have explained it all to them and told them I don't care for their support but if they try to talk against me taking anti-depressants, I will only get distant from them and that they were never there to support me during my hard times with meds. I can't talk to them now either because they are so against meds. If I say I'm feeling like absolute shit because of prozac, idk they'll be like we told you so. Though I'm going off it anyway, just want to let it all out. God I hate everything. I have 3 exams tomorrow but I just want to say I hate fluoxetine SO MUCH!
    Last edited by Owaiz; 08-10-13 at 19:41.

Thread Information