Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blood in urine. So scared.

Blood in urine. So scared.

I have been for a routine doctors check up today which involved blood and urine tests. I am in my mid fifties and terrified. My urine test came back as having traces of blood. I have been having some pain low in my abdomen but following C B T have tried to be rational. When they told me I had some blood in my urine that would need to be investigated I went into full blown panic mode there and then in the doctors surgery. I thought I had been doing really well until now but this has just shown me that all the anxiety is still there and as soon as anything is wrong I just can't cope. Don't know how to get through the next few days waiting for the results. I am convinced I have cancer of the bladder or womb. I don't feel unwell or have a temperature so can't believe it s an infection. Please help.

Re: Blood in urine. So scared.

Hi

Please do search on here for "blood in urine" and you will see how common it is. I have read loads of posts about it recently and nothing bad has been found in the end

Also scroll down to the bottom of this screen and you will see "similar threads"

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hi,

Sorry to hear that you are battling.I dont know if this is helpfull.I am 38.have had very minor traces of blood in my urine for 8 years.I had micro calculi in my kidneys for a few years and my doctor put it down to that being the cause.Every year he would send me for an ecograph and urine tests.Last year though my kindeys showed up perfect so he wanted further tests to find out why.So a few months ago I had a full ct scan and a uretrocystography(something like that)with contrast.Everything showed up perfect again.My dad who is 63 has the same thing.He also has had many test and nothing shows up.I realize its awfull waiting for the results.I hope that its nothing serious.I remind myself that these days the docs and meds are very good and so often if there is a problem it can be treated.My mom has had a stroke, cancer and a heart attack and is still bouncing around.I hope that you will be okay and not lose hope.Hard to do when your nerves go.Sorry if this is not that helpful but I know what its like to get really worried waiting for a result.

Yes and like nic says,its fairly common to have with no problems.

Im 34 and ive been have microscopic blood in my urine for about 4 years probably from after my third child was born, its caused me great stress and anxiety but after a bit of rsearch my doctor says I have to let the worry go xx

Thank you for your replies. It is very comforting and reassuring to hear from other people who have been through similar things. Thanks Nicola for pointing me in the direction of simialar posts. The older I get the longer it takes me to get over every scare and with this one I don't even know the result yet. I can't stop panicking and crying and don't know how to carry. Just convinced that my age + the symptom = the bic C

Hi i had the same thing they found trace of blood wasnt infection google realy didnt help big mistake as usual aanyway had to take another sample in couple of weeks later and was clear i was due on period so put it down to that so could yours be related to your menstral cycle at al

It is more likely to be something like a UTI with the blood in the urine and your pain. Did anyone mention this at all??

Blood in urine is very common, and nine times out of ten, easily treated.

Please try not to jump to the worst conclusion. x

I think it's my age that's making me so worried as I have been through the menopause so wherever the blood is coming from its a bad sign. Have had the most terrible night, can't stop crying or shaking. I hate myself for being like this as soon as something goes wrong.

emerald girl..don't panic....exactly the same thing happened to me a few months ago. totally lost the plot with panic and crying and had cystoscopy and ultrasound and nothing found. I am also your age and have same fears I.e it must be cancer because of age etc.

Cn I ask, did you have jiggly pains with yours? My results weren't back from the hospital today so another night like this. I can't eat, can't do anything but shake and cry. I have played and replayed all the scenarios in my head and naughtily googled looking for a different reason but can't find one. I just don't know how to carry on I feel so ill.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Oops - I meant niggly pains - stupid autocorrect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information