Thread: Heart palpitations-I need some answers

Heart palpitations-I need some answers

HI, I know I've posted about this before, but.... Back in 2003 I started to have full blown panic attacks. Of course initially I thought it was my heart because my heart woudl race and jump/skip you name it. I convinced my doctor to do some tests on me and she did a 21 day holter monitor, blood work, and a ultrasound to look at my heart structurally. They told me I was fine excpet for sinus tachycardia (usually normal fast heart rate). The speeding up of my heart has gone away over time unless I'm in a full blown attack. But for the last 6+ months I have noticed my heart skipping beats, some sensations are probably in my head, but I do feel them in my pulse most of the time. SLowly over the past 3 years my Zoloft has been upped to 200mg. and In the past 3 years I have had a lot of major life changes as well. These heart skips are what have me freaked out. Then can come at leat every hour for a week straight or they can dissapear for a week and come back for a few days etc....
    They are not constant but I cant seem to pinpoint them on anything in particular other then underlying anxiety/panic disorder? I want this to stop. It's so dabilitating and consuming. Of course I let it but its kinda hard not to, it's scary when your not sure whether or not your heart is going to flop out and go crazy. I've seen doctors numerous times over the past few years and they all are not concernec about it and say its normal to have PVC's and PAC's and they are not going to be concerned unless I pass out or faint etc.. Which has never happened. I wake up in the morning first thought that goes through my head is whether or not my day is going to be filled with palps. and "what if" something does go haywire this time. Would you go back in and get all the heart tests done again or what kind of advise can be offered. A few months ago my doctor said she really recommended not doing all the tests again and for me to accept her reassurance and go home with that, well reassurance only works for so long. I know this is long, but please respond I need some good advice or too let me know if you have expereinced this. Thank You and God Bless,
    Leah

Leah Beans

well leah i am the same, my fear is my heart, 4yrs ago i was tested for my heart because i kept saying to the doctor my heart kept missing a beat, i had a chest xray, heartscan, 24hr tape, they said i had ectopic heart beats, anyway i began suffering from anxiety a year later because of a bad relationship, i was scared because my heart was going fast all the time and i could feel everybeat, it was a vicious circle, anyway i went private to see a cardiologist and them tests came back normal, i was so relieved, i remember though my heart going like mad when i was having them tests done, anyway for the last 2 days i have had an awful lot of ectopics thats were your heart has an extra beat, it is so scary i thought i was going to die, i went to the doctors yesterday and he wasnt concerned and said he wasnt going to send me for tests, i have been asking the doctors in work about ectopics, and he said they are fine, but it still doesnt calm me, i havent had as many today, but i know were your coming from, if you need to talk just email me it is
    Last edited by fisher; 27-06-09 at 16:53.

See if these help...

Ectopics – doc reassured
    Been to doc's about ectopics
    Heart Results - ectopics and dizzyness

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Thread Information