Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advice on sinus problems please folks?

advice on sinus problems please folks?

hi all
    ive having what i think might be sinus problems, ive been getting headaches feeling bunged up etc around my ears eyes and forehead and back of head for awhile now, my doctor reckons its a sinus problem coupled with GAD which ive a while, he gave me a nasal spray which a bit but that was amonth ago and i was hoping it would have cleared up by now and am now getting a bit anxious.HAs anyone had similar problems to me,and can GAD bring on sinus problems? some advice is needed please folks
    cheers Mick

i get sinus problems, i've tried the nasal spray and it doesnt work i find the best thing is an antihistamine with a decongestant in it and when my sinuses give me a headache i use forehead. the worst thing i have is the pain in my sinuses i have it now.
    i dont know about gad bringing it on but i was diagnosed when i was 16 with gad but ive had sinus trouble since i was about 10

netty

the dreams of the future are better than the history of the past

thanks for the advice girls, iknow its probably nothing to worry about but when you got GAD it makes you worry more than you should about health problems doesnt it? has anyone else got any more advice about sinus problems just to put my mind at rest?
    cheers Mick

Hello. I get this too. In my case it's caused by dehydration which thickens the mucus in the sinus cavities so that it can't get out of the little hole at the top. The mucus builds, so does the pressure and that causes the dreadful pain. My advice is (i) try a glass of water and see if that helps; (ii) don't lose water through mouth-breathing / over-breathing if you can help it; (iii) alcohol dehydrates us very quickly so drink some water before, during or after having a drink; and (iv) talk to your doctor because you might need antibiotics (bacteria etc can grow in a blocked sinus cavity) or you might have a physical blockage of a different kind.

Good luck.

Oh! This is my first post having found this excellent site just an hour or so ago. What a find!

Rafey thanks for that post and a big welcome to the site to you!

I get this a lot and reading what you said about dehydration makes a lot of sense as I really don't drink enough and when I do I rarely get it so bad.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Mick,

my hubby has this problem and I think the nasal sprays just keep it going. My friend used an aromatherapy massage for my husband and it worked a treat (not to mention being very enjoyable too!). Maybe this is something you would think about?

Hope this helps.

Coni X

Jem27 Guest
    I have chronic sinusitis, I suffer daily and im due to see an ENT surgeon in January. I am on anti bs at the moment because im in so much pain and developed a temp last week.

My dr makes me take a steroid spray daily, doesn't help though. Hopi ear candles are fab, so is reflexology and accupuncture is fab so im told.

hi all
    thanks for the advice sinus pain is horrible isnt it? oh Jem i didnt realise youd posted on this thread as well, ive just gone online and the previous thread i looked at was your one on sinuses i didnt realise that you had ear candling as i reccomended it sorry about the mix up
    good luck
    Mick

Mick,

Don't know if this will help much but I have suffered with the worst sinus issues that you could ever have in your entire life.I lived in a place that was so full of things and humidity that would kill you and don't even get me started on the pollen.When you get really bad sinus take a washcloth and heat it with hot water as hot as you can stand and then put it on the affliced area and lie down for a bit.Keep heating the cloth over and over..it loosens the sinuses and helps conjestion or take a really hot shower and let the water run over you for a long time on your face and head it helps alot of times.. hope this helps you a little..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information