Hey all,

I'm glad to report that things have been INFINITELY better since switching meds to Venlafaxine, which seems to work for me. I still get a little anxiety during the day, but it's very manageable 99% of the time, I attribute that improvement mostly to being lucky enough to get in touch with a great CBT therapist alongside having a few sessions with a very good Psychiatrist, along with being put on the right medication for me. The problem I'm still having, though, is sleep. I find it very hard to get to sleep, I get a lot of jolting sensations in my head that wake me up before I've even drifted off a lot of the time, even when I'm VERY tired. I find it very hard to fall into a natural sleep. I can get there eventually, but it's usually a very light sleep with a lot of disturbances and frequent nightmares. I've gotten to thinking that as a 25 year old man, I shouldn't be having this problem, but in a way it's reassuring that I'm not the only one. I'm often very sluggish and tired in the day, which is no good in my job. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get into a more comfortable sleep?