Thread: breathing problems or worse?

breathing problems or worse?

I feel like I am constantly analysing my breathing and feeling like I'm not getting a satisfied enough breath, every night before bed I feel like I am making myself breath and I feel like I get adrenaline in my upper stomach and chest, I'm really freaking out incase this is something more important than anxiety. Every morning I wakeup and I feel like my breathing is very strange! I haven't had any pains in my chest or back just shortness in breath. I cant even explain it and when I fall back asleep it feels like I'm slipping into becoming unconscious or something. P.s I have experienced sleep paralysis before but this feels totally different. Please someone help, any comments will be appreciated.

Re: breathing problems or worse?

Breathing is my biggest problem with anxiety and panic attacks. I've had problems catching my breath, breathing rhythmically and so on but this was down to the panic attacks as I had a fear of suffocating and not being able to breathe.

Could you elaborate when you say your breathing feels strange?

What I would suggest is breathing techniques. Concentrate your breathing in the abdomen (diaphragm), not the chest, and expand your stomach outwards as you breathe in and retract it when you breathe out. They are much deeper breaths and counteract the adrenaline as it encourages relaxation. Read my blog that I wrote on the importance of proper breathing: http://positive-mental-health.blogsp...breathing.html

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: breathing problems or worse?

It feels as if its very quick and if I'm not in control of it, thanks I already do the breathing through my diaphragm

Thread Information