Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CRAFT FORUM........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CRAFT FORUM........

hi mirry

i am not sure if this is craft but i am a florist i feel that helps me so much i love starting with a bunch of flowers and making all kinds lol
    it is relaxing and i feel it dose help me lots takes your mind off things

jodie

Hi

I have just started painting again after a break of 2 years, oils mainly and sketches. I do enjoy it when I get started but find it hard to motivate myself to start.

I do cross stitch and jigsaws but again its hard to start but i keep trying.
    nessx

I REALLY need some help ( mirry, you sound like you could help!)... I may have brought a bit of a dodgy sewing machine... It only goes forwards, and will only go slow or slower. I can sew with a normal machine no worries, just wondering how I finish my seam with a one way machine? I am used to shoving it in reverse to lock the stitch, or doing the overlock thing... But now I am just stuck scratching my head. I need a solid finish cause its for a tight lampshade.

If anyone can help me with my dilema I would be SOOO greatful . I am starting my project tomorrow once my material has dried, I am worried I will end up with one loose seam, and me sat there scratching my head!!!!

If it goes well I will put a pic up of my finished lamp for all of you to ooh and ahh over lol.

Cheers all.

Lea
    x

hi lea , sorry just notised your post , since its been moved here i foget to look .

what sort of machine have you got ? maybe we could look online to see what it can or cant do ? Im not that good with machines but i think piglet may be if i remember right ?

Or have you sorted it all out now, cant wait to see the finished product .

The bag i made my daughter , i wrapped up for xmas without thinking of taking a photo , lol . so will take a snap after xmas day now .

take care crafters xxx

I managed to figure it out in the end, I just left long enough thread at the end to hand sew it tight. There was no way that baby was going backwards at all!!!

I do have a pic, but not all that sure of how to upload it (will check and pop it up here onceI know how!)... The lamp still has a few things I need to do to it, but it is more or less done and I was so pleased with myself!

Well done on the bag... And dont forget your camera on Christmas day!

well done , cant wait to see it , you can upload it onto photo bucket , then onto here (thats how i do it).

My camera is ready and waiting ,lol.

take care

xxx

Once I get the craft fairs and xmas out the way I will definatley post some pictures for you to see , mag I love the idea of getting lovely wall paper to cover up cheap note books...what a fab idea !

Wow, just thinking ( yes it does happen sometimes) Id love to try that and have beaded tassles hanging from it to match........great Idea mag, cos when i was in WHSMITHS the fancy note books were expensive if I remember correctly ? .............mmmmmmm
    now Im thinking , what about covering a pencil in the same paper to match ?

This is fun !

mirryx

sue , how did you get your dog onto a cross stitch pattern ?

sounds very complicated ?

mirryx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">ooh, and also im having a flocking frenzy at the moment ([:I][:I][^]). you know that sticky back plastic that has that soft flock stuff on it (?????), ive been cutting out designs to make a flocked wallpaper effect on tea light holders, notebooks etc. that probably makes no sense to anyone does it?[:P]

<div align="right">Originally posted by strawberrie - 27 November 2006 : 16:37:20</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    It makes perfect sense to me I'm afraid!! [:I][:I][:I][:I]

Piglet x

hi piglet i took a picture of my dog with a digital camera then hubby converted it into a chart on the computer .im affraid my use of the computer is very limited lolhes the clever one but alot of people do that with cross stitch its great fun.hubby has just said that if anyone wants a cross stitch chart of a favourute photo made he will do it for you

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information