Thread: New here

New here

Hello, my name is Krista. I live in Massachusetts. I am 34 and have a daughter. I am a single mom. I work full time. I have had anxiety and panic since I was 12. I am currently on meds but they are not doing anything. And not many psychologists in the area take my insurance and those that do have a waiting list a mile long.
    My anxiety hasn't been horrible lately, but I am having a bad day today. I woke up this morning at 2 am and my lips were numb. It stopped quickly and I went back to sleep. In the morning, I was feeling extremely tired and I was having some nausea which of course gets worse because of my anxiety attacks.
    So now I am not feeling nauseated but my lips keep feeling weird... my face feels a little numb once in a while... I am feeling shaky. I just dont know what is going on.

Re: New here

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 ----------

Are you on any anti's??? i have had the face and woke up with numb lips about 2 weeks ago! Its not a good feeling!

Welcome to the site :]

says here about lip numbness - "hyperventilation/anxiety, and may be seen with low calcium or magnesium levels"

I have xanax if I need it. But I would always rather control my anxiety without the meds if I can. I have not taken a xanax in months. Usually it is just that I need to control the nausea, so I use peppermint gum for that. But the way I am feeling now is very unusual.

Thread Information