Thread: The Fear Of Collapsing and Out Of Breath

The Fear Of Collapsing and Out Of Breath

Hi everyone my name is iyan from singapore. I need help from u guys...I've been getting anxiety attacks often. My mouth will dry and I have trouble swallowing my saliva and I feel like dying. Next came the breathlesness and I feel as if I am going to die and start to utter rubbish like saying goodbye LOL. I have been to hospital a lot of times but the doc told me everytime that there's nohting wrong with me even though I am out of breath. did more than 10 xrays and all he say to me that I was perfectly fine and fit.
    Then the stupid feeling dissapeared! I was half okay after that. i went back feeling confused as to why is this happening to me. Sometimes when i took a stroll at the park, I would get dry mouth and started having severe breathing diffulties. it's like your throat 's gonna close 4 good and I burp alot like hell. after a meal i will feel breathless and after i burp it's ok. eating can sometimes be a problem too. it took me 40 mins to finish a BIG MAC Burger. I am really scared of choking to death cus it's really hard to swallow. please help me please help me!! b4 this post I was out of breath and thought i was going to die again but it always dissapear after i managed to grab my parents attention. now i m ok but don noe when it will come back

Hello Iyan,

I can say that your symptoms are very familiar. The breathing that you describe is fairly common, and I get it when I get more anxious sometimes. Then we think there is someting wrong physically and the anxiety increases even more!!

I have also experienced the slow eating too - I think this is to do with our mood, but also a tightening of stomach muscles so we don't feel hungry maybe?

Tell yourself you wil be OK. Remember you only get these symptoms when you get more anxious.

Take Care

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi,

Here are some posts on breathing techniques they may help:

Breathing technique

How Do You Do The Breathing
    Breathing.. wow
    Breathing Techniques
    CONTROLLED BREATHING
    Working to get better, have a few Q's to ask...
    Insatiable Mouth / Chest Breather????

love

Andrea
    xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

thankx everyone! i will try my best to fight it! i thought i was the only person who gets this weird attack. now i m assured i aint gonna die at 22. i got a confession to make...i smoke alot now a days becos of this. i'm kinda depressed because of this attack. i'm trying to learn the breathing technic.

and one more thing i've been burping alot everytime maybe it's because i have gastric. how do i control it? help me! please!

Thread Information