Thread: 40mg Citalopram

40mg Citalopram

Hi I have been feeling bad with anxiety over the last month and am thinking of asking my doctor to increase my citalopram dosage from 30mg to 40mg but I worry about side effects as I have some in the past especially when starting this medication. I have a full time job and I have concentration problems which makes me bad tempered and I don't want to make it worse , sometimes I can feel distant and dizzy when taking these tablets and I am not sure if its the meds or anxiety and depression giving me these symptoms. I sometimes sweat heavily when anxious and I feel the tablets do not help this and make it worse.
    It feels like a catch 22 whether I should persevere and try and deal with my anxiety and not take more of this medication or increase my dosage. I know citalopram is not a cure but it is all my Doctor seems to suggest at the moment I have had counselling and done a CBT course and try to use it in this situation.
    Sorry for going on! and a realise a post like this is quite common on this forum but it helps me to write it down and share.
    Any advice would be useful.

Take Care

Re: 40mg Citalopram

i have been on cit for 3 weeks now and i would say the side effects are awful, i hope you feel better and things work out for you! i also get the distant and dizzy feeling!

I hope you feel better soon as the side effects ease off usually after 3-4 weeks and you should feel better Citalopram can ease symptoms it just takes a while to build up.
    The doctor kept me on 30mg which is fine.

Take care

well im happy for you!!! thank you, you do the same!!

I had three bad weeks of side effects on Citalopram. But since then the have diminished and am now having more. 'better' days. But it was tough getting through those initial weeks.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information