Since Christmas I have been blighted with ill health (pneumonia that lasted 10 weeks or so followed by a GP led hospital stay due to prolonged tachycardia) and massive legal and financial stress (court battle over the sale of my flat due to an error in the lease).

During that time I have become more and more inactive. Although I have nothing medically wrong with me, I am suspecting that my central nervous system is shot right now. I've found myself spending more and more time either in bed or on the sofa. Anxiety and panic is mostly under control, but depression is coming in massive waves. Whilst I can control anxiety during the day, I am currently experiencing dream insomnia every night where I'm woken 4-5 times. They don't have to be disturbing dreams to wake me, but if they are it's usually accompanied by 10 minutes of 140bpm pounding heart.

Physical symptoms are becoming gradually worse, but I suspect this is due to me simply not moving. At best I am now active 30-60 minutes per day, and this is no more strenuous than walking to or from my car, washing myself or making some food. That's pretty much it.

The few times I have tried to exercise, my body seems to react in an unpleasant way causing me to shake (as though I've run a marathon), become dizzy or simply feel anxiety.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that this is a self perpetuating circle of misery, and that the less I do, the harder it will be to get over 'the hump' back to some sort of normality.

The less I do, the more I feel these things :-

Muscle weakness.
Trembling when I move or activate a muscle.
Low mood.
Insomnia.
Complete apathy.
Very, very stiff and sore back.
Cracking joints.
Dizziness.
Very tearful.
Pain, literally everywhere.
Restless leg syndrome during waking hours.
Overall aura of a charged nervous system bordering on anxiety.

I'm wondering if anybody else has got themselves into a situation where they just don't move about any more and experienced similar sensations?

Finding the mental strength to push myself into exercise is mentally taxing, but I'm convinced it's the key to most of the issues I'm having right now.