Thread: URGENT: Colonoscopy today - clear enough?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

URGENT: Colonoscopy today - clear enough?

Hi guys

Aside from my anxiety about my colonoscopy in 4 hours today (12 pm aus time). I have been prepping since 3pm yesterday and was running clear last night. I woke up this morning and went but it's not clear again, light brown orange / yellow chunks. What is going on? I thought I was clear I am so riled up about this and now I am worried that I can't get my scope and have to do it all over again. Anyone know if I am prepped enough? I am so distressed!

---------- Post added at 08:05 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

p.s the centre is not open for another hour and I am so stressed and upset.

Re: URGENT: Colonoscopy today - clear enough?

Hi Dee... if you've prepped as advised, and started at the time they suggested, I'm sure you'll be ready for the scope... don't worry! You can always ring up when they open and voice your concerns, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck with the colonoscopy, and the results

Thanks Daisy, have you had one before? I did take it exactly as prescribed ... I just don't know why i would still be going ... in fact I don't even know what I'm passing now . I am trying to keep calm

Unfortunately, yes, I've had more than one :( not pleasant, but I've never been turned away due to what you're worried about..

Your digestive system continues to 'work' even though there's no food going in, plus you've had dynamite in there lol, so you will still get the need to 'go'... honestly, relax - both now, and more importantly, during the test. The more relaxed you can make yourself, the better the experience for you.

I know but I keep reading you should only be passing clear liquid, which I was last night. Just this morning i am getting chunks back in there so I'm worried that i am not well prepped. did you still have chunks passing before the scope?

I can't remember, to be honest. Maybe you should ring them, just to be sure.. not long till they open now.

Thanks, I'm trying not to have a panic attack ....!

There is no need to get panicky over it

I was the same and told them and they said they could still do the procedure and they did

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Honestly, we must be a bunch of babies over this side of the pond. I've had two, and both times I've had the IV and that stuff that makes you "unaware" of the procedure.

Thread Information