Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling/knowing people are talking about you?

thanks for comments PanickyPolly and PhantasyStar. reading your note phantasystar it reminded me that I still very much seem to care about other peoples opinion of me, and what they think in general, I wish I could get rid of that way of thinking, constantly needing approval and wanting to be liked, I think the saying "you cant be all things to all people" is so true adn you really have to know who you are and be comfortable in who you are. what you said is exactly how I felt, I felt like I couldnt win, like you said, too quiet is weird etc etc. and PanickyPolly I got to the point where I too was highly sensitive to any potential 'talking about me' to the point where I would intentionally listen out to all conversations around me and look around and look and check peoples body language and their reaction to a conversation I was having with them, the side glances they would make during a conversations, I would say something and check the faces of all those I was talking to, to the point where I wasnt sure if some of it was in my head or not, it was horrible, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy!

Hi Melina, you really sound like you are aware of both your own thoughts and feelings and the reality of your situation. By coming here and finding support, i think you've confirmed that you are correct in your assessments and able to move forward with extra friendship and support. Please if you have a bad day post immediatly and get back up. Love Paul.

Love to all members

thanks for your note Paul. coming here HAS made me see things much clearer and I now can see that I was the victim of phscyological bullying at work because I was going through anxiety and could not understand at the time what it was all about and certain people around me thrived on this. I am much more 'in touch' now and experiencing myself gradually getting better

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information