Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Escitalopram - 5mg

Re: Escitalopram - 5mg

Hi Colin - are you still on 5mg?

Quote Originally Posted by OxfordDan View Post
    Hi Colin - are you still on 5mg?
    Yes. It seems enough for now, I'll discuss with my doctor if he thinks 10 would be an option to help smooth out some dips I get in my mood but on the whole its an improvement.

Colin - glad to hear your experiences. I started 5mg on Monday, told by dr to take in evening but this has been meaning I can fall asleep ok but wake up between 1-2am and can't properly get asleep again. I took half a tablet yesterday and half this morning - marginally more sleep, think I will persist with morning taking. Would just love some reassurance I willbe ok? Having to go to work and am single parent so really struggling...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
    Colin - glad to hear your experiences. I started 5mg on Monday, told by dr to take in evening but this has been meaning I can fall asleep ok but wake up between 1-2am and can't properly get asleep again. I took half a tablet yesterday and half this morning - marginally more sleep, think I will persist with morning taking. Would just love some reassurance I willbe ok? Having to go to work and am single parent so really struggling...
    You will be okay. I have been on 5mg for over a month now and it has made a big difference in the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockgirl View Post
    Makes me feel too alert when I take mines so its best in the morning. Its still messing with my sleep a little but even that side effect is getting better.

Easy for me to say now but take it in the morning, forget about it and get on with your day. Over a few weeks you will feel better.

You might still have the odd wobble but you will cope easily with it.

Just joined the site today and this thread caught my eye. Am suffering with anxiety and was prescribed Lexapro last week.
    I have never been on anxiety meds before, and it's helpful to see that others were, like myself, having to pluck up the courage to get started. I filled the prescription, and promised myself I would start on Monday.

Still didn't start. Am doing cbt, and that has helped but the most recent recommendation for me was to combine cbt and the meds. One minute I think, yes, I will, next minute I have argued myself out of them.

Going to make up my mind today, one way or the other.
    Last edited by MavisReilly; 30-06-15 at 17:23.

Welcome to the forums, MavisReilly. Is there anything in particular that you fear with regards to the medication? It could be a good idea to discuss any questions or concerns with your doctor or pharmacist - it could help put your mind at rest. It may be better to break the tablets in half for the first week or so, to allow your body more time to get used to them.

Thanks Sparkle, for your reply.

I had a really good chat with the pharmacist, on the day I filled the prescription, and she answered loads of questions for me. I found it daunting, getting started, worrying about side effects, wondering is it the way to go.
    I read various stories online, some helped, some didn't and I guess it's a different story for everyone, in terms of whether it suits them. I started today anyway, so hopefully it will work out well.

Onto day 2. Feels like I climbed a hurdle by actually making a start. I don't expect to notice anything yet, I think I was told anything up to 4 to 6 weeks.
    I am doing my best to keep occupied, as I usually would, to distract myself from thinking I have acquired every side effect I read about since getting the prescription.
    Am feeling the heat these days, but the temperatures are up, weather wise, so I don't think it's anything other than that.

Day 3, so far so good, and I know I cannot expect any real change yet, but I'm just relieved that I got myself started on taking it. I find I am very slightly lethargic during the day, well, the afternoon anyway, I felt nicely sleepy last night, before bed, mind started to race a bit, when I actually went to bed.
    Will just bear with that. My sleep wasn't great anyway, before this, so I will manage.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information