Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed period very worried

Missed period very worried

My period is 4 days late, I am not pregnant I know that. Weirdly I have had no symptoms this month of starting my period, cramps, nausea etc. I am 41 and as far as I know have no hormonal issues. It seems strange that I have been having one every month for years and years then all of a sudden miss one like this, I have never had a problem with irregular periods . I have read that stress can cause a problem but I am no more stressed than I normally am! Thanks for reading.

---------- Post added at 07:17 ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 ----------

Sorry it's a late period not a missed one yet.

Re: Missed period very worried

My periods were all over the place for a few years before they finally stopped when I was about 45. I would get one every 2 weeks then nothing for 6 weeks. I just didnt know where I was with it all. I dont think its anything to worry about x

I am 44 and my periods this year have been all over the place - 21 days, 28 days, 24 days etc.
    Stress can definitely affect them, but also we're at the age where things start to change slowly.
    Don't worry.

Thanks for your replies, I know I am at an age where things might start to be changing but I would of thought it would be more gradual, I am still very worried as I have no symptoms of going to start my period. I am too anxious to go to the doctor.

Still worrying about this so sorry for posting again, I had a ultrasound on my ovaries 18 months ago which was normal. Would it take longer for something like Ovarian Ca to begin. I can't stop thinking the worst.

its only been 5 days(?)- that's really nothing to worry about. Even if you miss your period completely it's not abnormal. Although I'm young - only 21 - I had my period every 28 days on the HOUR except once where it was 35 days! You could be your age or just something random. Either way, one missed period is nothing to worry about. If it happens again, just check in with a gynecologist to settle your mind.

I have made a doctor's appointment for today. I can't cope with changes with my body and am driving myself mad with overthinking. I hope the doctor does not think I am a time waster but I really am struggling to function. I think only people with HA will understand how I feel, of all the things that could be causing this my mind has now fixated on the most deadly one.

You are doing the right thing Alma. I hope you go on ok. xxx

Thanks Magic xx

It is quite normal to have late or missed periods especially once you get into your 40's and later

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information