Ricardo,

http://www.drugs.com/pro/trazodone.html

Use in Patients with Heart Disease

Trazodone hydrochloride is not recommended for use during the initial recovery phase of myocardial infarction.

Caution should be used when administering Trazodone hydrochloride tablets to patients with cardiac disease and such patients should be closely monitored, since antidepressant drugs (including Trazodone hydrochloride) may cause cardiac arrhythmias.

QT prolongation has been reported with Trazodone therapy [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4)]. Clinical studies in patients with preexisting cardiac disease indicate that Trazodone hydrochloride may be arrhythmogenic in some patients in that population. Arrhythmias identified include isolated PVCs, ventricular couplets, tachycardia with syncope, and torsade de pointes. Postmarketing events have been reported at doses of 100 mg or less with the immediate-release form of Trazodone.

Concomitant administration of drugs that prolong the QT interval or that are inhibitors of CYP3A4 may increase the risk of cardiac arrhythmia.

I can't say I know anything about heart issues but from what is says in the pro section on Drugs.com, does that possibly help? It seems to suggest it could be ok once outside the intial recovery phase but that close monitoring is required. So, perhaps your doctor is happy with your recovery and that by keeping an eye on you, he has the bases covered?

Does it say that you can't take them in the leaflet with them from the manufacturer? It doesn't list these issues against the drug on Drugs.com as the fact you can't but it does state the doctor should be informed.

Sometimes these warnings on labels are not the full picture. I know on some I've had they say not to be taken with alcohol but when you look into the detaiiled information thats not strictly true and my GP has allowed it in the past anyway.

You could ask him and spin it as you were happy with what he said but then noticed this on the box and were worried so want to check just in case. Otherwise, you could ask a pharmacist as they tend to know more about drug interactions although it would be best not to take any chances with your concerns and other meds in play.