Thread: Frigthened by throat problems

Frigthened by throat problems

Had a cold about 10 days ago and ever since have a sore throat and cough. Thought this was just connected to the cold but now I'm not so sure. I keep having to clear my throat and have been having episodes of not being able to and choking.

had these sort of symptoms once before about 6 years ago and they lasted months. I find this the most frightening symptom! Scared that I'm going to choke and just can't breathe. Trying to relax muscles around my throat and neck and will try to get a doctor's appointment to check things out. Also taking some cough medicine to try to calm things down

Has anyone had this problem please? Can anyone give me any advice? I'm really struggling with this.

Mike

Re: Frigthened by throat problems

Thanks Sam

I need to practice the idea of passively thinking about it and not caring. Last time I went through this I did get better at that. Things have improved this time but like you I get times when it just seems to come back out of the blue.

Still have a slight sore throat and sure this is anxiety. Have had a stressful time lately for a variety of reasons so need to employ some relaxation techniques to calm myself.

Thanks for your help.

Just as SamuelW52 said, observe your sensations passively - anxiety can make a HUGE deal out of anything minor - it's nothing wrong with being sick for a few days, but your thoughts sometimes want to extend this 'minor sickness' and make it into a long mental + physical battle. Don't give into anxiety - to get more control on your thoughts try meditating.

Hey

I have this all the time! It is horrid. If you focus on it it makes it 20 times worse.

Thread Information