Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some of your side effects of Sertraline?

What are some of your side effects of Sertraline?

I started sertraline in september. I started at 25mg and I have slowly increased. This morning was my first time taking 100mg. I tend to have symptoms when increasing. Today, as soon as I walked to my car and sat inside, I saw stars out of nowhere. It only lasted like 15 seconds. I get this sometimes but after that I felt very light. I started to feel like I was about to faint or something. My chest kinda felt tight and as though my heart rate was super low and barely beating, though I could have very well just been thinking too much into it. I just started to feel unwell, it's very hard to explain and my hands felt very clammy and cold. I ate a little piece of chocolate thinking blood sugar, and it instantly made me feel better. I have had my blood sugar checked many times, A1C checked, and I am always within normal range. There was one time I checked my blood sugar while having symptoms and it was normal. What can cause these symptoms if my blood sugar isn't low?!? Can sertraline cause these unwell feelings?

Re: What are some of your side effects of Sertraline?

Hi I feel this way when I haven't had something to eat first thing in the morning but felt horrible for the rest of day my dr says its just the medication an not to worry as the anxiety can make u feel no well aswell but am really cold all the time can't hear up at all hope u feel better soon

I often feel like that and it has been since I started sertraline
    I used to be able to liquid fast for 24 hours but now I struggle to fast for 12

jenni anxiety and fear might have caused the simptoms that you describe.
    it would be better to ask your doctor.i would like to inform you thought that these simptoms arent indication
    of something serious.

Sometimes anxiety causes me to breathe less deeply or more quickly and without really noticing I can end up without enough oxygen which causes me to feel light headed like you describe.

I find the most obvious result of changing my sertraline dose is shaky hands, it happens both when I increase and decrease. Sertraline makes me need to wee more often and higher doses can cause diarrhoea. It gives me really vivid dreams and these have never really gone away. When I'm changing dose the dreams can be so vivid they get mixed up with my memories of what has actually happened which can get confusing.

I only lasted a week on sertraline as I couldn't stop burping and throwing up and couldn't eat despite also taking antinausea meds.

SSRIs can cause panic/anxiety when they are settling in and it sounds like that may be what happened to you. They can also cause dizziness etc so I'd say you've simply experienced a side effect.

Hello everyone. I'm on day 4 with Sertraline and have so far only experienced mild side effects - I've felt a little spaced out and sick from time to time, and I have tingling hands and lips. I'm also really tired, but that's nothing unusual. My mood hasn't changed - I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, which is at an extremely high level at the moment anyway due to a work situation. I've also had a sensation which feels like mild sunburn on my forearms and legs. But all in all I feel no worse than usual, and certainly nothing unbearable. Fingers crossed!

I am 10 weeks on Sertaline and feel rubbish most of the time at mo.. the side affects are horrible.. Raised anxiety worst side affect.. cold and today feel like i am vibrating and buzzing.. What next?? x

Thanks for all your replies! I've noticed the past few days my mouth and nasal passages have been very dry! My nose hurts and has been bleeding a little. Anybody have this symptom after taking sertraline or could this simply be from the cooler weather? I rarely ever have such issues.

Hi I'm on 100mg sertraline started two weeks ago one week on 50mg then last week 100mg. Side effects very raised anxiety, lightheaded and the feeling you get when your cold very tense muscles and head pressure, also blocked nasal passage.Hopefully things will settle for us all soon x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information