Thread: Weird zap in mid back when massaging shoulders

Weird zap in mid back when massaging shoulders

Hi guys

Starting at the base of my skull, the left side of my neck and my left shoulder are extremely tender and swollen and have been very painful for the past few weeks. Recently I've found myself trying to massage the muscles in hopes of releasing some of the tension but to no avail. I've also noticed when I press on a spot in my shoulder that is particularly sore and tight (it's the left shoulder on my back right above the collarbone) I'll feel a pins and needles/tingling sensation, or even a sharp zap, further down my back. Almost like something is living in there and I'm angering it so it moves a bit south. Obviously I know that's not the case but you get the point. Anyone ever had this before or know what it could be?

Re: Weird zap in mid back when massaging shoulders

I have sore spots all down my back its very sore see a chiropractor thatl help u right out ��

its just a nerve, that muscle at the back of your neck is probably waay too tight, I had awful neck muscles for weeks giving me all sort of weird feelings of pressure in the back of my head and my nose, think you might be referring to the scm muscle, google it and you might find it interesting, be careful not to pinch too hard though it can cause a headache! videos on youtube too about how to release the tension they took a couple of weeks to work for me but they did the trick

Omg! Head and nose, same as me! How long did the tension last for you?

not lying around 4 months with maybe a week break here and there, it was so bad I had my partner rubbing my neck for an hour almost everynight haha in he end I felt like just one of the sides of my neck was swollen which was totally weird but if you grab it and pinch it, hold for few seconds and tip your head back, then let go you might feel few mins relief and then you will know if it is that muscle it may contract back again but you will know what your problem is! also your shoulder that you mentioned could be the reason that muscle is tight or vice versa, they are connected after all! I was terrified of these sensations, made me feel like I was constantly fighting against having my hair pulled but all is well now in that area anyway haha

Yes it is only my left side! This sounds a lot like me. I have been doing some strengthening exercises, guess I just gotta give it time!

have you pinched it and pulled it away from the neck? or another one I used to do was the grab the skin at the back of the neck and pull away from the spine and I would get instant relief for as long as I would hold it! I think it was once I figured out it was just muscle tension from anxiety that over maybe 3/4 weeks it just became less and less.

Yes, it does feel better when I do that!

magic!

Thread Information