Hi everyone

I have been suffering with constant anxiety and panic attacks for over 6 years now. They started after I had my second daughter. I have some days better than other, but the anxiety is always there. My main problem is the fear that I am going to drop down dead whenever I get a strange symptom or feeling. I just want to live my life freely, being able to just go and do what I want without having to check how I am feeling and whether I will be okay.

I have been doing loads of research on it to try and overcome the panicky feelings etc, and have come across a book called 'Self Help for Hyperventilation Syndrome' by Dinah Bradley. Everything it says in there seems relevant to me. It says that you may have chronic hyperventilation if the following occurs:-

Original cause (psychological or physical stress)

which causes tension and anxiety

which makes you hyperventilate

which gives you a hyperventilation attack

which leads to anticipation anxiety and possible avoidance behaviours

- so surely this is what a panic attack is.

Sorry, if this has been so obvious to you before - but just thought I would share it with you.

It states in the book that you need to practice breathing exercises - which are easier said than done, because whenever I concentrate on my breathing - my symptoms get worse and I end up feeling worse than ever. I do know that I hold a lot of tension in my stomach and shoulders, which makes me hold my breath alot. I conscientously try to control my breathing but I find it so difficult.

I have been trying EFT for quite a while now - but that doesnt seem to be working either. I dont know whether I am expecting too much from it or whether I am doing it right or not.

Thank you for letting me write this - sometimes it makes you feel better when you write things down.

Thanks x