Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Increased anxiety an hour after each dose?

Re: Increased anxiety an hour after each dose?

No I've been on cit about 4 times before.

What I noticed with antidepressants that worked for me is that it's a trade off. The horrid anxiety goes but stuck feeling apathetic, usually over a long period of time (months) . For me that's worth it because I know if I work at it I can feel emotion again. You may be putting extra focus on it this time around and really magnifying the fact you want to feel. I think you should shift the focus and really try and enjoy the that your anxiety has subsided. Of course I'm not a doctor or Psychologist so my input might be invalid but may still be worth a note

Yeah you could be right, I didn't actually feel like this before the cit though I've never suffered with depression just anxiety so to suddenly feel this way is a bit of a shock. Part of me would prefer the anxiety with my feelings rather than feeling nothing at all. Can't win can you?

If you stop citalopram, then start taking it again later, it can make you feel really ill. This may wear off in time, usually a couple of weeks or so, but if it persists ir gets worse you should talk to your doctor about it, as you may need to try something else.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoPoet View Post
    If you stop citalopram, then start taking it again later, it can make you feel really ill. This may wear off in time, usually a couple of weeks or so, but if it persists ir gets worse you should talk to your doctor about it, as you may need to try something else.
    Does that include intense anxiety, panic and intrusive/racing thoughts type symptoms? Or do these sound like normal startup? Ive been on Citalopram 3 or 4 times previously, but usually only for 2 months at the most as with all ADs I have been on.

Do you have any other suggestions on what AD to try for GAD and panic besides Citalopram?

Why only 2 months?

Quote Originally Posted by LiveAboveIt View Post
    Does that include intense anxiety, panic and intrusive/racing thoughts type symptoms? Or do these sound like normal startup? Ive been on Citalopram 3 or 4 times previously, but usually only for 2 months at the most as with all ADs I have been on.

Do you have any other suggestions on what AD to try for GAD and panic besides Citalopram?
    Try counselling and no ADs at all. The cit poisoned my body and mind making me much worse.

I'm only on Day 3 today but I take mine in the morning, I was always advised to do that. When I took it at night I had terrible insomnia but that said, I still had insomnia when I took it in the morning as well!
    This time round I'm not experiencing insomnia so I may switch to the night.

At the moment, I start yawning excessively after about 2 - 3 hours of taking it and I feel like I'm floating completely out of it, however I know that's because I'm only on day 3 and the out of it feeling will go in the next few days. I also experience a tidal wave of anxiety as well. I know for sure when its kicking in.

One of the reasons I came off the drug previously was because I couldn't cope with the tiredness. I kept nodding off in work meetings and also at the wheel. I just struggled to keep my eyes open. I am going to have to
    manage that this time around.

I can happily say that I am nowhere near as bad as I was previously when I was going on cit. I must of been in a very very bad place then. Mind you it is only day 3, fingers crossed.

Do any of you still get the horrible morning, stomach rumbles, feeling of dread, anxiety in the pit of your stomach. I know this will go, but that is the worst feeling ever. I find a nice hot shower gets rid of it and as soon as I get up an moving things get better.

No diazepam for me yet. I know its only 10!!!! lol

Good luck everybody.

Rich

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LiveAboveIt View Post

2 months? you will not be getting the full effect of an AD after 2 months. I have been on nearly every SSRI, a tricyclic and a couple of SNRIs as well as Pregabalin (Lyrica). I have GAD too, I was diagnosed with this in the psych ward. Believe me I have found Citilopram to be the best and fixed me 100% in the end.

Your racing thoughts, I had these last time I went on cit. I was constantly bombarded with thoughts, it was torture. I couldn't keep still and I couldn't think. The pdoc tried me on some antipsychotics but they didn't do anything to calm my brain. Do you have any diazepam\Ativan or anything to help?

Trust me they are start-up symptoms. You probably cant tolerate Citalopram this time round as well as you have done previously but stick with it. I had all this for 9 weeks maybe longer. Have faith in the pill it will work eventually give it time.

Any advice you need just ask.

Thanks

Rich

---------- Post added at 10:19 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

The problem with counselling alone is that you have to be in a stable place to start with. I had all sorts of counselling and I couldn't even pay attention to what they said I was in such a bad place. Medication and therapy is recommended and then eventually get off the drugs. I thought citalopram was poisoning me, believe me I was shouting at the pdoc at one point telling him how damaging the tablets were and how they were making me worse (they did, I ended up in hostpital) and then everything worked. I was so pleased to of not given up.

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoPoet View Post
    I can concur with that, I got akathesia but stopping and starting and it was horrendous, that is what finally sent me into the ward.

Definitely still get that horrible feeling of dread in the mornings, complete with a churning stomach & rumblings. It's the worst time of day for me. I found it passed after a couple of weeks and by week 4 it was milder but I just felt really grumpy - but I never have been a morning person!
    I take mine before bed because I found I had sleep troubles whatever time of day I took them.

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Definitely still get that horrible feeling of dread in the mornings, complete with a churning stomach & rumblings. It's the worst time of day for me. I found it passed after a couple of weeks and by week 4 it was milder but I just felt really grumpy - but I never have been a morning person!
    I take mine before bed because I found I had sleep troubles whatever time of day I took them.
    Lol Suzie. Yes its horrible, even though I know it will subside if I get out of bed, I just don't have the motivation unless I've got to go and see a customer. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Thanks for your reply

Rich

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information