Thread: Could this be Lorazepam side effects?

Could this be Lorazepam side effects?

For the space of about 2-3 weeks I self-medicated on Lorazepam (about 1mg daily).

Within that time frame I started to develop dizzyness and constant light-headedness. Thinking the Lorazepam might be the cause I stopped taking it on Wednesday. That night I had a very difficult time getting to sleep and the quality of sleep was very poor. I had quite a headache the next morning.

Now it's Sunday and the light-headedness still hasn't subsided. If Lorazepam was the cause, wouldn't it have stopped by now? I wasn't taking much and didn't take it for very long.

Re: Could this be Lorazepam side effects?

Well I have felt a slight improvement the last couple of days. Nearly a week since I stopped taking Lorazepam. Hopefully this is the culprit for the dizzyness.

Re: Could this be Lorazepam side effects?

I took it for 3 years and it used to make me have low days. I don't really have depression, just bad, bad anxiety. I am self medicating Diazepam at mo and have had really bad heads.
    By self medicating do you mean buying off net? I have told my doctor but he does not care after just stopping my Lorazepam after 3 years so it was either drinking myself to death the wd was so bad or buying what might be rat poison. I am trying to desp get back on Citalopram, the only AD that ever has worked for me but it gives me terrible panic for about 4 months before I am 100% perfect on it it and was always able to taper off benzos just fine, slowly and never need them again. But this doctor put me on Lexapro and it never worked.

Thread Information