Thread: sober recovery has helped my recovery but its boring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: sober recovery has helped my recovery but its boring

I haven't drank any alcohol in 4 years and before that I only really had a small amount when out with friends. It's not made any difference to my social life except now I don't get forced to go to sticky disgusting nightclubs! Alcohol really doesn't agree with me and I don't ever feel the need to have any. Even at parties I have just as much fun as every one else and after a certain point in the evening people stop noticing as well. It gives you the freedom to drive whenever you want too, as well as feeling bright and fresh in the morning after a party!

thanks for all the positive comments guys buster I think yu have mistook my other post mate I meant I believe a lot of people drink but don't openly admit it a bit like secret eaters I openly admit I love beer...

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell123 View Post
    thanks for all the positive comments guys buster I think yu have mistook my other post mate I meant I believe a lot of people drink but don't openly admit it a bit like secret eaters I openly admit I love beer...
    Haha I openly admit I love food ;-)

Aldi lasagne with a bit of extra cheese ontop and some tiger bread and lurpak now were talking

Aldi lasagne with a bit of extra cheese ontop and some tiger bread and lurpak now were talking
    ABC = I'll get fat. Ah, sod it, I can run it off next week!

Well done on kicking the booze that was holding you back.

on the weekends I have purchased a beer called erdinger its a german alcohol free but has a slight alcohol content under 0.5%

its one of the best ive tried when nice and cold, and ofcourse I wake up the morning after feeling absolutely fine it also sort of makes me think ive had a "beer" as they fill a pint glass therefore I can go another 4 or 5 days after that night without thinking about alcohol then perhaps get a curry and a few more bottles of the erdinger

trouble was I was doing 3 weeks on diet pepsi tea etc then going out on a proper beer binge through boredom

doing this way ive entered my 5th week and im not thinking about alcohol today so no I can do another week no probs

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

sounds good terry fat and happy

sounds good terry fat and happy
    That could be the advertising for Mirtazapine!

---------- Post added at 06:40 ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 ----------

That seems like a good stepping stone with the alcohol free light beers. I guess alcoholics have to abstain completely but if it's more a crutch for your anxiety, doing it as an exposure and working through it to remove it completely is a good way.

If you want a healthy solution with low alcohol content, kefir is <0.1 I think. Full of tons of probiotics but you do have to brew it at home to save a fortune on the substandard store kefir. It's easy though. And you can actually let it sit for more days and the alcohol content increases until it's a full beer...not that you want that anymore!

Thread Information