Thread: Positivity

Positivity

Ok people so I downloaded a nice little app today called Tracknshare and basically I want to track my pills,mood,eating habits, sleep etc to see if there are any patterns. As cit is such a roller coaster I thought that this may be a good idea to share. On the positive I do believe, without tempting fate, that my mood and attitude is lifting. When I thought about work, meetings etc before it will heighten my anxiety and fill me with dread. Now when I think about these things I have no feeling, emotionless and almost like ok, bring it on. Just thought I would share, although it may be the kiss of death. Hoping that days will continue to be bright and thoughts are non invasive. Maybe this stuff is beginning to work!!

Re: Positivity

I'm glad to hear things are looking like they're getting better for you.
    The app sounds like a really good idea.
    I've got one called 'Health Mapper' and it is very useful to see what might be affecting my anxiety levels and my mood. Sometimes the results can be surprising.

By the way, I get almost a bit superstitious about saying that things are getting better for me too.. it just feels like i'm tempting fate a bit too much.
    But yeah, hopefully it's onward and upwards for you.

Glad your feeling better.

Good news that you are feeling better! I can share a few things with you that have helped me, so I will pass them on and maybe they can help you or someone else.

I have removed the following from my diet as I have an intolerance to them, which I found out through testing and doing an elimination diet:

Gluten
    Dairy
    Eggs
    Caffeine
    Soy
    Sugar (except from fruit, but I limit to only 1 to 2 pieces of fruit a day)

I basically eat no processed foods. If I can't pronounce an ingredient listed I don't eat it.

I have found that I can not take the following supplements/vitamins as they make my anxiety worse:

B Vitamins
    Vitamin C
    Fish Oil (gave me horrible anxiety)
    Protein Powder
    Amino Acids

The amino acids is a tricky one because some vitamins are used with amino acids. Glutamate seems to be the one that stimulates me the most. Any vitamin that is chelated contains amino acids. Also for example Magnesium Glycinate contains/is glutamate, so research any vitamins/supplements you are taking. Its best to get your vitamins from fruits and veggies

I suggest the following bloodwork:

Thyroid
    Vitamin D
    B12
    Iron
    Testosterone
    Cortisol (Urine & Blood)
    Electrolytes

Always get a copy of your bloodwork. Check it as sometimes the doctors make mistakes and say your bloodwork looks fine, but when I review it I see that its not. You may be low normal on your vitamins, but still need to supplement.

I am very familiar with the labs for the bloodwork above as I get mine checked every three months. Except for the testosterone since I am female lol. So if you get bloodwork done feel free to ask me any questions.

Thread Information