Thread: Positive diazepam story?

Positive diazepam story?

I have been prescribed 5mg diazepam to take at night to aid sleep. I'm currently suffering with bad anxiety and this is helping me drift off at night. I've been googling and I've really made myself panic! Has anyone any positive experiences of coming off this small dose with no side effects?

Re: Positive diazepam story?

I was also prescribed 5mg at night for sleep for a week and if I needed any during the day I could take it as needed. I also was very, very anxious about taking it. One week after this I started 7.5mg of Mirtazapine and cut down to 2mg at night. I don't have another appointment for 2 weeks. I cut from 5mg to 2mg a week ago ands haven't had any adverse effects as yet, but Mirtazapine is also used as a sedative at a low dose. I am trusting my psych. I had many, many concerns about the medication and he has convinced me to trust him. Googling is the worst thing you can do. Psych has advised me to concentrate on the here and now and not get into the cycle of loop thinking, which creates more anxiety. It is a small dose. Keep in touch with your doctor and ask them the questions you are googling, as the answers will be specific to you. At the end of the day, you may need it to get you out of the heightened state of anxiety. Insomnia can cause more problems. Trust your doctor and talk to them about your concerns and what the plan is for you in the future. Don't google. You are not helping yourself. Tracy x

Re: Positive diazepam story?

No google is evil for anxiety. Always will tell you the worst worst thing.

Thread Information