Thread: Carpal Tunnel?

Carpal Tunnel?

I've been extremely anxious over the symptoms of diabetes. And for the past few months I've been peeing a lot, but just todat I noticed my right hand is tingly. I flex if and move it around and it goes away momentarily but then comes back. It's just a slight tingly pain that is around the palm of my hand to about my ring finger. So I suspect it might be carpal tunnel. I have my elbows at a constantly 90 degree angle for I'm always on a computer with my hand on a mouse. I'm worried it's either diabetes or carpal tunnel. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Carpal Tunnel?

I don't know too much about this so don't take my word for it, but is there any chance you may be experiencing this tingly feeling as a result of anxiety? Do you only ever have it in your right hand?

I get this occasionally. Get yourself a wrist brace/support. It really helps.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Carpel tunnel is nothing to worry about, my GF's had it for years. Hers comes and goes.

There are exercises you can do for it and physiotherapy tools.

I think my last office used to get people those wrist rest things for the keyboard. I always hated using someone's desk who had one, they take some getting used to!

It could just be one of the many weird & wondering transient aches & pains that these disorders seem to bless us with so maybe it will go?

I've suffered with carpal tunnel also for years both hands.
    If I bend my wrists for to long my hands eventually go numb, the tips of my middle & ring finger are numb too.

Get some proper wrist supports from the doctor. I don't know how it works your way but here they run a special carpal tunnel clinic, I found it firstly by web search.

They do some nerve tests to decide how bad it is. My right hand used to be the worst but I had steriod injections in it and it all disappeared.

Not a nice illness but not life threatening.

Xxx

Thread Information