Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: meeting with boss tomorrow

meeting with boss tomorrow

I couldn't decide where to put this. I was tempted for humour, but not too sure!

title says it all really! I have meeting with boss tomorrow and the anx is rising as I write. I have gone from a bit jittery earlier today, to upset tum, to several trips to loo (TMI I know!) to sore chest etc etc. You all know the symptoms, I don't need to tell you!
    However, my friends and family in their unending support and wisdom have been imparting bits of advice. This really is worth sharing!

Psychiatrist: Just think of the worst thing she can do

errrrrrrrrr, Fire me, refuse to let me cut hours, make me feel small, make me cry in my own house........

Therapist: Are you 'really' bothered if she is stroppy with you?

Has she not been listening for the past umpteen months??????????

Mum: Just be assertive!

LOL LOL LOL. ROFL!!!!! It is my inability to be so, that I am in this bleeding mess in the first place!

Friend: Imagine her naked

No way mate! Euch! I would be signed off for another few months after that trauma!

Hubby: If she is nippy, Just tell her to f**k off!

Mmmm, me thinks that would not go down too well!

Go on ,give me some more wisdom! the more obscure the better! If nothing else I will meet her tomorrow and laugh so much she will see that I am just not fit to return!!!!!

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Re: meeting with boss tomorrow

Hello Happyone

Don't know if this will help but I guess you are trying to cut down your hours? Everyone has the right to request flexible working in law and there is a specified procedure the employer has to acknowledge in order to let you know if this is possible or not. They have to be able to objectively justify why you cannot work more flexibly or you can firstly appeal, if you lose, call in ACAS, or refer to Empl. Trib. If you lose on appeal, you are not allowed to apply to work flexibly for one year. Anyway, enuff of the law stuff.

Family and friends are trying to help but they often very much underestimate our predicaments!! Hope it all goes well. Let her do the talking and you do the listening. This will give you time to make a much more considered and un-emotional response. Management aren't hard to confuse!!

Good luck
    Kay x

Why don't you ask if you can go back part-time and see how that goes for now?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Good luck with the appointment tomorrow mate, will be thinking of you

Lisa x

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    I'm with hubby on this one - I actually did do this once for real and still don't know how I managed to keep the job. It was the talk of the building for days!!

You can't do it more than once a decade I've found, cos it loses its powers to be startling after that and you just become a foul mouthed agoraphobic instead!!

Anyway if she is 'nippy' with you then sod it, come and do something clever with rafia matting in the corner with me!

Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    I'm with hubby on this one - I actually did do this once for real and still don't know how I managed to keep the job. It was the talk of the building for days!!
    Good on you Piglet

Never done that myself - I have tried the imagining the boss naked one though - luckily that particular boss was a gorgeous hunk!

Lisa x

hi happyone,

you have my symapathies on this one...my boss came to my house when I was off sick too and I felt just like you. My boss was indeed the original 'nippy sweetie' lol. I was sick with nerves and standing up to her didnt come into it...she chewed people up and spat them out just for a laugh ! I reverted to being a child just thinking about her (still do...and shes not my boss any more)

On the day itself she couldnt have been more charming and nauseatingly kind. I made sure I had hubby there as a witness and I was sure hed think I'd made all the nasty stuff up...but he saw right through her. You have a right to ask for reduced hours, particularly if its for the sake of your health. She will need to tread very carefully I think, or you would have grounds for grievance and if she knows anything she'll know this. And remember if shes coming to you shes on your territory, a guest in your house so you have the advantage right away.

Take deep breaths hun...this time tomorrow it'll be over. I'll be thinking of you.

Good luck

Coni X

Thanks folks!

I know that there isa law that says you can apply for flexible working, but my understanding is that we are exempt from it on account of it being shift work. I know that flexible working can be varied in it's formats but the last time one of my coleagues tried to get this it caused such a hoo haa that I don't feel brave enough to attempt it. This is the infuriating part, as before all this, I would have been the one to say 'bring it on!'

Nicola, I do work part time, I just want to be 'more' part time I work shifts and I know it will play havoc with my mental health (I have also been advised that I should try to get out of shifts). I could ask for redeploymnet, but I get paid more for working shifts. So I can earn the same working two shifts as I would 3 days. I think I can manage two shifts, but not back to back ie a late then an early and this is what I think she will mostly be p'd off about, as my job involves me to sleep there. My meds mean I need at least 9 hours in bed, then at least another hour to come to. On a late early there is only 9 hours between one finishing and the next one starting. That is not taking into account wind down time, time to get up etc.

Originally Posted by happyone
    LOL piglet! The thing is, once upon a time I would have! I used to be very brave! I can still be brave but it causes such a bad effect afterwards for so many days that I now tend to shut up (then come on here and tell all of you instead! )

thanks for your replies! I had really just wanted to share what I felt was humouress advice from friens and family (go 50/50, ask the audience?)

happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Good luck for today !

Hope it all goes well !

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

Oh thank you andrea!

the count down is on, 35 mins......
    I have a very upset tum and do you think your heart can survive 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000
    beats per minute????

happyone
    xx

—Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information