So I just wanted to pop back on with an update. I've still found that chewing gum helps a lot.

These are the things that I've done that have allowed me to at least begin to start eating and drinking small bits again:
Had an MRI to rule out any abnormalities of the brain. Because at the time, I didn't know it was anxiety related. I just thought there was something wrong with my throat and swallow reflex or organizing the swallow. The MRI was clean, which was great to know, actually lol.

I had a FEES swallow study, which is where they stick a camera up through your sinus and down into the top of your throat and watch you swallow foods that have been dyed and in different consistencies. CUE MAJOR PANIC. But I survived. And my swallow was fine. Even if it FELT anything but fine. They played the recording back to me and I could see that my throat was working. Helped IMMENSELY. But didn't cure the fear right away.

I started talk therapy with a therapist that I'm comfortable with. He's just there to listen and have conversations with, but I think that's something that's vastly underrated. Non-judgmental conversations about your thoughts is absolutely beneficial.

I talked to my primary care doctor about anti-anxiety medication. I've been very anti-medication for many years now, I wouldn't even take cold medication or anything for a headache. But honestly, I needed the help because I wasn't cutting it doing it myself. I needed to take the edge off the fear and anxiety in order to start facing the facts: I need to eat and drink to stay alive. I can't continue like this. So, I was prescribed something for anxiety, which can dissolve in my mouth. I also have an SSRI for longer term anxiety maintenance but I have yet to work up the courage to start that.

I started trying foods of different consistencies while HUNGRY and after allowing the anti-anxiety meds to start to work. I'm able to tolerate some textures now, mostly ones that tend to stay together more like small crackers and cookies, but it's a start. The crumbly textures still throw me for a loop and liquids are a bit of a challenge still. But I have made so much progress in just a few days.

Hopefully some of this can help someone here and I will continue to update with my progress.