Hi All,

I have been on .25 clonazepam once daily for past 2 months. (Prior to that I had 1mg ativan daily for 6 weeks)
My SSRI seems stable and some days I wake up and take the clonazepam as habit, not because I feel it's needed. So my psychiatrist and I decided we would try to start a taper process. She (and I) think I am ready.

She says I should alternate taking .25mg one day (a full pill), then half pill the next day, then full pill, etc
She's suggesting this for two weeks. Then on week 3 I will just take a half pill daily for as long as needed.

I am nervous and wondering if anyone has had success coming off low dose clonazepam?

All bodies are different I know, but I'd like some positive feedback if there is some out there

I was torn about doing it at this time of year. It's very busy at work (retail during holidays) which either will increase my anxiety or give my mind something to focus on. I'm not sure which, but hoping someone can give me some positive advice or encouragement.

Not every taper story out there is a horror story, they're just easier to find. haha

Thanks.

-Dora