Thread: Anxiety - fearing the worst

Anxiety - fearing the worst

Hello,

The past 6 weeks, I've been dealing with anxiety where I always feel the worst is going to happen. There isn't a day that goes by where I think that I have some type of illness that will kill me.

I always fear there is something up with my heart when I feel slight pressure/ muscle spasms in the chest area. I've been to see my doctor who listened to my heart and checked my blood pressure which all came back fine, doctor seemed to be happy and said these feelings I'm getting are all caused by the anxiety. This did make me feel a bit pushed away though, it did reassure me for the rest of that day but the anxiety soon came back and it is just taking over my life at the moment.

Every ache and pain I feel, I'm straight on to google searching symptoms and then panic by what I'm reading.

Has anybody got any advice who may have been in a similar situation to myself? I just want to have my life back to normal, there is no real cause for me starting to feel this way.

I seem to convince myself every single day that I have some type of illness that is killing me.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig

Re: Anxiety - fearing the worst

have you seen a doc? a therapist?

Ive been through some incredible stuff in my life, some of it was even real.

-SC

I've seen the doctor but wasn't referred to any therapy, he seemed to think there was no cause for concern.

Said I shouldn't be having heart problems at my age (26)

Listened to my heart for a couple of minutes and checked blood pressure and said these were both fine.

He's told me to research help with anxiety, like I said, that's why I feel pushed away really.

I genuinely have a concern about everything with my anxiety.

I try to google symptoms I have to reassure myself they're caused by anxiety.

Hi there,
    This is a good introduction to anxiety, there's six talks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71BorSRAVk

Quote Originally Posted by CitySmithy View Post
    I've seen the doctor but wasn't referred to any therapy, he seemed to think there was no cause for concern.

Said I shouldn't be having heart problems at my age (26)

Listened to my heart for a couple of minutes and checked blood pressure and said these were both fine.

He's told me to research help with anxiety, like I said, that's why I feel pushed away really.

I genuinely have a concern about everything with my anxiety.

I try to google symptoms I have to reassure myself they're caused by anxiety.
    I was in your exact position when I was 26.

The worst never happened...

One day at a time, slowly but surely, you can beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitySmithy View Post
    Hello,

The past 6 weeks, I've been dealing with anxiety where I always feel the worst is going to happen. There isn't a day that goes by where I think that I have some type of illness that will kill me.

I always fear there is something up with my heart when I feel slight pressure/ muscle spasms in the chest area. I've been to see my doctor who listened to my heart and checked my blood pressure which all came back fine, doctor seemed to be happy and said these feelings I'm getting are all caused by the anxiety. This did make me feel a bit pushed away though, it did reassure me for the rest of that day but the anxiety soon came back and it is just taking over my life at the moment.

Every ache and pain I feel, I'm straight on to google searching symptoms and then panic by what I'm reading.

Has anybody got any advice who may have been in a similar situation to myself? I just want to have my life back to normal, there is no real cause for me starting to feel this way.

I seem to convince myself every single day that I have some type of illness that is killing me.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig
    Hi Craig, you're a young un at 26..I'll swap you my 46!

I've been convinced my heart's been failing for ooooh five years now. My heart races, jumps, flutters and clunks like an old tractor engine but every test I've ever had (and I've had a few) says I am FINE, I have ANXIETY.

Sort your anxiety levels out and those symptoms will improve and eventually disappear altogether.

OOH and STOP Googling!!! The only thing you are doing by Googling is fueling your fear which keeps you in a state of anxiety which gives you symptoms that make you think your heart's on it's way out. It isn't. It's stronger than you imagine. When it starts banging away, go for a walk or run if you're that way inclined...work with the adrenalin.

You have anxiety and it won't kill you but it can make your life a misery if you don't take steps to overcome or manage it.

CitySmithy,

I've written this as a response to a few posts, but I find it really helpful. My doctor once said to me "not every sensation is a symptom"

So I try and remember that. When I feel the pangs and the twitches...

Quote Originally Posted by DoraFlora View Post
    CitySmithy,

I've written this as a response to a few posts, but I find it really helpful. My doctor once said to me "not every sensation is a symptom"

So I try and remember that. When I feel the pangs and the twitches...
    Beautiful.

That should be the motto of this forum.

Thank you for the response guys, this is a great help to me and I really appreciate the support., I've just had two better days, less anxiety and keeping busy which has helped me.

Feel a bit more free from it all at the moment, hope this sticks.

And yes I've avoided google the past few days too which seems to have really helped! ��

Thread Information