Rob, not catching your breath and feeling dizzy could be your fear adding to all of this. When we're in a constant state of fear we shallow breathe and this upsets the balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in our system, in other words we are over breathing and this can lead to all sorts of random symptoms including..but not exclusive to...lightheadedness and palpitations. In fact, if the fear came first it could be a reason for producing the ectopics, like the 'chicken and the egg' situation.

I know it's horrible and to be honest, in the past when these ectopics were really bad like yours are now, i'd turn to alcohol to try and calm myself down. Obviously I know it's not the answer, especially once I'd figured out the reasons for them happening.

Going back to the digestive connection. I know it sounds simple but it's something I discovered by accident a few years ago. I'd gone to the doctor about stomach problems and he'd recommended a product made by Rennie called Deflatine which is an antacid. I remember thinking "yeah right, like that's going to help if 12 yr old children can take it too" but was amazed when not only settled my stomach but also eased the ectopics. But it has to be Deflatine as this is the only one with an active ingredient called Simeticone and that's the important part. I still take them from time to time and still get relief from them.

Also, in Lidl they sell tubes of dissolvable effervescent multi vits, calcium and magnesium tablets. I buy the magnesium ones and have discovered that they can help ease the ectopics too. Anything is worth a try yes?

ISB ☺