Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Therapy Advice Thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crystal Therapy Advice Thread!

Rainbow Obsidian

I must admit to not having this type of obsidian in my collection as yet but I am most certainly going to look out for one. Obsidians are powerful strong stones and I haven't felt a need to use even the ones I do have yet either.

It is said that like all rainbow stones it has the power to grant wishes and can turn around misfortune, or a run of bad luck. This is why it is nice as a lucky charm type of stone.

Also excellent for cleansing the aura - I want to see one now to see if it actually has a look of labradorite with the oil on water thing going on or whether its more of a stripey effect!

Mirry - you can often buy chakra bracelets which are a mixture of stones, but I prefer to actually balance my chakras by placing the correct colour of crystal on the body in the appropriate place and laying down for 5 mins once or twice a week. Then on other days I just select the crystal I am drawn to or need to, and wear as jewellery.

What about using one particular stone as the theme and then adding in chips of the same stone to create a more interesting mix - or adding in smaller wooden beads, silver or glass beads and making the actual gemstone the feature. This wouldn't compromise either the look of the jewellery or its effectiveness. I have a lovely sodalite necklace on a thong that is made more detailed by doing just that.

When Karen and I visited a castle on Saturday they had a lovely little gift shop with some pretty jewellery in a glass display and I immediatley thought of you and said to Karen what a great setting for Mirry's jewellery!

Piglet

Wow thankyou for that Piglet! :] If i bought it as a bracelet would it be too strong to wear constantly then? Apart from when im in bed of course!

When I first starting wearing new crystals I did it a day at a time and then gave myself a gap of a day or two and then tried it again etc.

I do this over a period of say a month and if I don't feel a connection I cleanse it and put it away again, as it could be its not the right time for that particular crystal and I won't be drawing any benefit from wearing it because its qualites are not beneficial to me at this time.

I should do the same hun with the rainbow obsidian and then perhaps after wearing it for awhile let us know what you think.

Crystals are such a personal thing and are aids to help us help ourselves etc - I most definately feel a bond with some and not with others though.

Despite having quite a large selection of crystals now, time and time again I am drawn back to the same ones. Sometimes it is better to work well with a few than less effectively with more!!

Love Piglet

I managed to get some sodalite beads today in different sizes and they are really attractive !!! Now Im thinking of making myself a bracelet and maybe some earrings ? When I picked up the sodalite I did feel a connection,,,infact I felt anxious walking in the shop on my own and I asked straight away If they had any sodalite and as soon as I touched it I felt calm (is that normal?).
    ALso managed to get some, flourite/moonstone and some rose quartz pendants, also the dalmation one.

The cheapest way to make it into jewellery is earrings however I am interested in bracelets. Do you think thats a great idea Piglet ?

Note: If anyone wants something made for them to help with their anxiety I dont mind making up an item for you , cos the shops are soooooooo expensive it seems ?

Mirry hun - I should make it into whatever appeals to you mate and no it's not at all surprising that you had that reaction to the sodalite. I was just the same the first time I touched snowy quartz. I took longer to connect with my smoky quartz though but once I did then I really did!!!

Love Piglet

Hi,
    I don't want any advice on crystals but I just wanted to say I find this all interesting!
    Except....would there be a good crystal to give to a pregnant person? you know? Something calming or for labour or something? I thought it might make a good gift for my doc who is leaving to have a baby. Introduce the scientific mind to the unscientific???
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

-how strange I just read online womewhere about a crystal ideal for pregnancy and giving birth but cant remember the name of it ?

maybe Piglet will know ?

I had to read up for this one - the ones listed for pregnancy are

Unakite
    Botswana Agate
    Moonstone

All very easily obtainable!

Love Piglet

Hi Piglet

Went into a small town crystal shop today and had quite a lengthy chat with the owner. I told her my problem and she agreed that hermatite and black tourmaline were the crystals I should go with. She also told me to buy some amethyist but I can't remember why now (lol) and also some stones with 'angel hair' in (agan, can't remember why).

She 'threw in' for free a bundle of sage (I think it's called a smudgie) and I have to light this bundle and walk through the smoke which will also cleanse the crystals I bought.

Regarding my problem, she advised me to put pointed things in the window pointing outwards and to buy, if I can, an eye(?). At this point she was talking about being in Turkey where they wear the 'eye'. I should put this eye in the window.

Would appreciate your opinion on this Piglet.

Thanks
    Kay x

Hi ya Kay hun,

I will investigate the 'eye' thing further and see what I come up with. The only thing that I am thinking is that she meant a 'cats eye'!

The smudging is all fine - I tend not to use this as a method of cleansing for anything, as I like to keep things as simple as possible. I either use the running water method, or place my stones in a tibetian singing bowl.

The crystals you already have will be doing their job of protection just fine mate - try not to let fear overcome your normal commonsense.

Like us all our anxiety gets a focus and then we can't seem to shift our mindset on it and I think this is what has happened here. Sure you are picking up negative vibes (and who wouldn't) but commonsense and your extra protection and encouragement of your crystals will aid you to see this situation for what it is.

Big hugs.

Love Piglet

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information