Dear All,

I've come to this site as another resource to help me out with my health anxiety - after reading many posts, I wanted to post my own. I have a long story to tell which I will at some point, with lessons learned and ways in which I think might help people, but I wanted to post about a recent experience I had to find out if anyone had experienced anything similar.

Generally, I experience palpitations and have learned to live with them. They come and go, and I've had the full medical work up and found I'm fit as a fiddle. However, I still sometimes get very anxious when they hit which I know is irrational but its hard to shake.

Yesterday I had a experience I've never felt before where after running for a bus, I sat down and then suddenly felt very faint, shaky, sweaty and could feel my heart beating irregularly. The experience lasted less than 10 seconds, where I shook myself out of it. Afterwards I became very anxious and struggled to cope with work the rest of the day and was checking my heart rate as the day went on. I was very tired the rest of the day and today, I feel tired and slightly less anxious. I did not go to urgent care or the ER as I decided only if it happened again.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I messaged my cardiologist and told what happened as I decided this was the right level of action but I wanted to know if this is a thing that can happen with palpitations or maybe it was something else?

Thank you all, this site is a great resource for those struggling with health anxiety issues.