Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
FMP,

It is possible that the chest pain/out of breath could well be related to anxiety.
I know you have suspicions that you may need further investigations.
But, taking in to consideration your responsibilities with your wife now, it IS possible that you may be experiencing anxiety symptoms.
I've had similar experiences to you.
Whether consciously or unconsciously thinking. It must have crossed your mind that your wife is totally dependant on you now and probably for the rest of her life.
This puts so much strain on you and anxiety will play a part in this.
You have had to put your own health and wellbeing to one side and it does obviously affect you.
But, don't think the worst here and assume you need operating on.
I had chest pain for a whole 2 weeks when my mum died.
I purposely told myself that it was down to that.
I also get really out of breath when I mow the lawn with sweat pouring down my face as if I had just been on a ten mile run and I've had this for years!
I can tell you that I had normal bp until I became a Carer to all.
So, it is so important to get that 'Me' time.
Your body talks to you and reminds you that you need tlc.
Remember you motto.

Oh absolutely! I discussed this with my cardiologist and she concurred AND I definitely agree. I've been around the forum enough to recognize anxiety symptoms. During my wife's illness I suffered from loss of appetite, weight loss, insomnia, headaches, twitches... definitely anxiety and stress symptoms BUT... the deal with being 10 years out from my triple bypass and 5 years out from stents as well as calcification showing on the CT I had earlier this month as well as shortness of breath and chest pain while exerting myself indicates some actual physical issues that need to be investigated. I really don't think surgery will be necessary but I wouldn't be surprised to hear I need another stent or angioplasty or a major modification of my meds like a slow release nitro. We'll see.... I've been "Ok" since Wednesday but still feeling chest tightness and shortness of breath just climbing steps. I was having the same symptoms 5 years ago before my 2nd heart attack. Anyway... I'll know soon enough.

Positive thoughts