Quote Originally Posted by poppadr3w View Post
I went under for a wrist operation a couple of weeks ago. I've been under several times for other procedures (Like Endoscopies, for example). I always get super anxious immediately prior, but it always ends up OK. You are under before you even know it, and then awake once again in what seems like an instant.

This last time (for my wrist) I was sitting in the hospital prep bed prior and getting anxious. Dry mouth, some heart palpitations - the fun stuff. The Anesthesiologist came to me and we spoke and I told him and the nurse that I get a bit anxious about going under. They reassured me (I mean, people always do), but at this point I've been under so many times I knew I'd be OK. I remember going into the room, walking and sitting on the operating table, getting an IV, talking about something and BOOM! I was out like a light! Then I was waking up in the recovery room with a pretty nurse!

Overall, it's quite safe. Very rarely do you hear horror stories, and those stories are very rare. They just make good, juicy headlines for when they're published. You'll be fine. Make sure to eat something good afterwards since you'll probably be hungry!
Even so I prefer to be awake so I know I am awake and know whats going on, if you follow So if there is a choice then it's local every time for me Cheers