Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twitching Finger has set me off.

Re: Twitching Finger has set me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You're spiraling with all the self-examination. People twitch and it's a VERY common anxiety symptom. Maybe put on some gloves or something to stop you from messing with your hands.

Positive thoughts
    My problem with this is like, if it's anxiety, why is it just in a few fingers and not in my whole hand? Auuugh. It's so hard to be rational sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nervousnelly52 View Post
    My problem with this is like, if it's anxiety, why is it just in a few fingers and not in my whole hand? Auuugh. It's so hard to be rational sometimes.
    Why is it just an eyelid, or a thigh muscle or a tricep or any other part of your body that twitches. Do you see what you're doing to yourself?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Why is it just an eyelid, or a thigh muscle or a tricep or any other part of your body that twitches. Do you see what you're doing to yourself?

Positive thoughts
    You are right. Thank you!

I was just moving my finger around again today, and noticed that moving the stiff one from side to side enough eventually began to cause a sort of popping sensation in the area between my index and middle finger.Is it possible this could suggest I've actually strained or damaged my finger- or is this a worrying development?

Hello everybody!

I've received a couple of messages regarding this thread- and how I'm doing, so I thought it'd be worth posting an update.

I went to the doctors not too long after having my ALS fears in the summer of last year, and was told in no uncertain terms that I was absolutely fine and didn't even need any tests. The twitching, weakness, and so forth persisted for some time, and they too eventually subsided.I am absolutely convinced at this point that the twitches were brought on as a result of both stress, anxiety and a lack of sleep- as the event I was at where I first noticed them would reasonably cause both stress and anxiety.

Since then, I've had absolutely no further symptoms of anything neurological that concerned me until last week. Truthfully, I've concerned myself with other diseases- cancers and the like, but they weren't quite as bad. I also appreciate that the power of suggestibility is strong, and I feel guilty to admit it- but the news of the passing of Stephen Hawking has sparked some further concerns of ALS. Again, however, I appreciate now how great the power of suggestibility is, and am better able to cope with my fears than last summer- and would highly recommend that people keep striving to find what works for them to manage their fears.

Thanks for reading!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information