Hi Ethansmom

I have read about Nortriptyline being an add on to other meds. I was taking Nortriptyline while I was tapering off sertraline, so you can definately take it with other meds. I don't remember any added anxiety when I started the Nort. My anxiety did improve, but not enough to get off the clonazepam, which is why I am now changing to Clomi. I am hoping that it will do enough for my anxiety and depression so that I can get off the Clonazepam. I was taking 125mg of Nort so was on a much bigger dose. I would think that you would hardly notice the Nort at 10mg and would doubt you would have any anxiety. Nort did raise my heart rate. I use to sit at about 50 or 60 resting, whereas now my resting is around 80. I do think this relates to the dose though so again you probably woudn't notice anything. I did get postural hypertension at the start, so just take is slow to start with. This did end up going after a week or so and again was at a higher dose. I was started on it while I was in hospital (so I increased quite quickly from memory). Try not to be scared, it is only a small dose. I have tapered down to 25mg and took my last tablet of them last night. Tonight I take my first dose of Clomi 25mg, so know that it is scary, but we have to do it to try and get better. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.