Thread: Scared this is it...

Unhappy Scared this is it...

I don't know where to start really.
    My anxiety is feeling worse than it has done before recently. The way I have been has scared me really.
    I am 22years old, I shouldn't be feeling like this, I should be out enjoying myself and living my life. I just feel like everyone is out there doing amazing things that only I can dream of let alone actually do! I feel like I am being left behind and I feel I am wasting my life
    Lots of my friends have done so many amazing things and experienced things that I long to be able to do! I just feel like I am never gonna be able to do those things because of my anxiety and I am gonna regret my life in the future.
    I want to be able to experience so much and so many different things but will I ever be able too?
    I just feel like I am in a rut and I really feel there is no way out. I can't see myself getting better and being confident again.
    I have lost practically all my self confidence and self esteem. I hate the way I look and the way I am. I look in the mirror and hate what is looking back at me
    I used to be so confident and happy. I dont think I will ever get that back.

I don't know I suppose I feel lost, scared and alone
    Laura xxxx

Smile it freaks people out

Re: Scared this is it...

Hi..
    I can relate to you on all levels there!
    I was 22 when my panic/anxiety started.....i'm going to be 32 in just under 3 weeks! I've let 9 years just slip past...i'll never get that back!

I too DETEST what i see in the mirror, so much so, i no longer look in one. Can't bare too, ruins my entire day and sometimes days if i see myself.

There is a positive thing here....you still have youth on your side. You are ONLY 22, you still have a lot of time to achieve and experience whatever it is that you want to do.

Do you take medication or have any therapy at the moment?

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thumbs up Re: Scared this is it...

Hi honey....
    I've had my 'thing' now for ages...just so happens that I'm the same as you at the moment...Have gone into a depresive state....but I am actually taking control and admitting that I am depressed at the moment.
    The doc has put me on meds and also awaiting to go councelling.
    I agree with Bluebell you have youth on your side. You have to stay positive which I know is hard and very easy to say...
    Have you or your G.P heard of The Expert Patient Groups. They run in Wales...It is a six week course Only 1 day a week for about 4 hours. It is a group run for people with conditions and long term illnesses. It shows you different ways with coping with things.
    I found it really helpful. The whole group gelled that we keep in touch with one another. You find that you aren't the only person to feel like you do.
    Ask the G.P about it...if they don't know you can always ask your local health authority . It is free as well..and give you refreshments during the day.Give it a go if you can.

You can achieve things like your mates...It may take time but you will get there...I didn't go out for 18 months at the beginning of my phobia. Now have got 2 children {18 and 16}. Passed my driving test. It's out there for you honey you just have to believe you can do it.

Zena

Re: Scared this is it...

Hi Laura,

As others have stated you are young which is a great thing. You need to be proactive in your recovery. Sign up for counseling and if needed take meds not forever but maybe on a short term basis, but go see your GP. Are you agoraphobic? If so, won't someone come and see you? I know at times things are worse than others. Has something happened lately to make the anxiety worse? You will get better. and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Laura

Thread Information